PDA

View Full Version : Refill by Post

scaraben
15-Jan-11, 12:19
With the ever rising cost of Printer Ink I am considering making use of a little bag I received this week with some Printer ink I ordered on line. This little bag invites me to return the cartridges when empty for refill at a much more respectable price. I was wondering if anyone has had experience of refills by post and if so how do you rate the performance please ?

Beat Bug
15-Jan-11, 18:30
I only use compatable cartridges. They're a fraction of the price of genuine ones. OK, so they don't last so long, but still work out cheaper per page to print. Used refillable ones years ago, but they get a bit messy, and were not worth the hassle!

RIR
16-Jan-11, 22:22
Well, I only use genuine printer manufacturer’s cartridges, and I have three printers, 2 inkjet and one laser. I know, they're more expensive. But I tried compatible cartridges a couple of years back, on a different printer, and have some friends that have currently used them; the colour is not as vibrant, they fade quickly, they may jam your print heads, and will invalidate your warranty, should your printer still qualify.

But, each to their own.

Ian.