PDA

View Full Version : Caravan Parks in Caithness?

nevergiveup
13-Jan-11, 15:05
Can anyone advise me on any caravan parks in Thurso or surrounding areas where static caravans can be purchased? Thankyou!

Burnside
13-Jan-11, 15:17
Do you mean like sites down south where you can buy a caravan but keep it pitched on the site all year? If so I am not aware of any that do that here. Nearest I know of is Embo at Dornoch.
There are static caravans on the Thurso Bay Caravan and Camping Park but these are just for hire. See www.thursobayholidays.co.uk (http://www.thursobayholidays.co.uk).

slinky
13-Jan-11, 15:40
purchased as in buy a static caravan ?

nevergiveup
13-Jan-11, 22:07
Yes,buy a static caravan on a site near Thurso. Yes Burnside am aware of the caravan park in Thurso.

gingernut
13-Jan-11, 22:59
Bettyhill has campsite with static caravans. It might be possible to get one there.

Dusty
13-Jan-11, 23:07
I have heard a rumour down here that the Vic Caravan Site in Thurso has been taken over by a private individual and is in the process of being improved.
Can anyone confirm that or advise what improvements are taking place.
The last time I was up north I stayed at the Dunnet Site which is great but not as convenient as the Thurso site which is where I would rather be if the facilities were OK.

Burnside
13-Jan-11, 23:31
The rumour is true Dusty. The caravan park is now called Thurso Bay Caravan and Camping Park and has been taken over by a lovely family and they have improved the shower block and the Stewart Pavillion is now reopened for business and has been renamed The Blue Door Cafe and serves lovely home baked goodies in a warm and welcoming atmosphere and they do local fish suppers on Fridays.
Also the static caravans are under new ownership see www.thursobayholidays.co.uk (http://www.thursobayholidays.co.uk)

Dusty
15-Jan-11, 13:26
Many thanks for that info. Burnside, much appreciated.
The site is getting good reviews for the friendliness and helpfulness of the wardens as well as for the evidence of the upgrades.
The stunning views at the location obviously need no further comment. The Vic was one of my regular haunts when I was in Thurso on holiday as a kid (Cannop's pony grazing where the kids swings are now).
The Blue Door Cafe will obviously require investigation......home baked goodies......mmmm.
On site fish suppers on a Friday is another clincher for me.
I will definately be giving the site a try.

Dusty.