PDA

View Full Version : Are you or anyone you know pregnant or do you have a baby/toddler?

Red
13-Jan-11, 14:53
If so then why not pop along to Wickers World at 10am on Fri 11th Feb for an informal chat about cloth nappies.

Highland Real Nappy Project is having a Nappuccino, which is an excuse to eat cake and drink coffee whilst having a chat with other parents and parents-to-be about many topics including cloth nappies.

The aim of the Project is to increase the awareness of modern cloth nappies and to give honest advice regarding the use of cloth nappies. Advice includes how to use the various kinds of nappies available, the best kind of nappies for your personal situation and the pros and cons of the various kinds of nappies available. We can also provide up-to-date information on the costs of cloth nappy versus disposable nappy usage and the environmental issues.

If you are interested in using cloth nappies, or would like more information about them to allow you to make an informed choice, then please pop along to the Nappuccino, or check out the website (www.hrnp.org.uk) for more information.

As always there is the Nappy Bucket Starter Pack, which costs £15 or less dependent upon circumstances, with a selection of (what the project perceives to be the best examples of nappies available at the moment. There will also be some new and pre-loved nappies available for purchase. New to the area is a newborn nappy pack which is available to rent for newborn babies such that you can start using cloth nappies straight away, similar to the standard trial kit but for smaller babies.

Hope to see you there.

Red

Red
16-Jan-11, 00:56
Bump to the top!

Dadie
16-Jan-11, 01:00
HJave you got anything for that tricky transition from nappy to pants for a slim 2 year old for sale?
thanks!

Red
16-Jan-11, 14:36
I have nothing in the preloved section up here at the moment, but I'll speak to some of my colleagues to see what they have available.

Ash
16-Jan-11, 19:03
will there be one of these done in thurso at all
im pregnant and very interested :D

Red
16-Jan-11, 21:14
We try to set one up every couple of months and rotate between Thurso and Wick. If you can't get to the Wick Nappuccino, then please contact the project, or send me a private message and we can arrange to meet up to discuss the nappies and starter packs. If you're having ante-natal classes in Thurso at the moment, there is a starter pack available with the midwives/Health Visitors to have a look at.

Red
19-Jan-11, 22:36
Bump to the top!

Red
25-Jan-11, 22:15
Just reminding everyone about the Nappuccino...

charley9
25-Jan-11, 22:33
Will you have nappy bucket starter kits for toddlers, my son is 15 months.

Red
25-Jan-11, 23:48
Yes I hope to have both small (upto 7-20lbs) and medium (15-35lbs) sized packs. If you want to send me a PM to ensure one is reserved for you then please feel free.

Dadie
26-Jan-11, 13:01
There is tots bots training pants on the preloved forsale section on the hrnp website.
I would like to see them first though if possible to guage the sizing or will I have to just order and hope for the best?
If you could get them for the nappacchino it would be brill!
Im trying to cut down my washing.....as the nappies are just a bit tricky for her to pull up and down and as for the pants ...well socks get wet if you forget!

Red
26-Jan-11, 19:11
Dadie, I'll ask the question if I can bring them up for you to see, I'm having more starter packs brought up so I'll see if the training pants can be sneaked up too. I do know that the Brightbots are a little small with respect to the sizing so you do need to order a bigger size than suggested in their literature. I'll let you know asap.

Red
27-Jan-11, 12:05
Dadie, I have spoken with the project and there are no second hand training pants for sale on the website or within the vounteer section. There are new Bright Bots at £3.50 per pair. If you would like I can bring a selection up for you to have a look at to determine the size and we can go from there...

Dadie
27-Jan-11, 15:45
|Yes please!
I think I would either need small or medium...unisex colours would be good as the next child to go through it all will be a boy!

Red
29-Jan-11, 22:30
I have brought up four sizes (S, M, L & XL) of the trainer pants in a selection of colours for you to peruse.

Red
09-Feb-11, 19:05
Time to bump up to the top!

Dadie
09-Feb-11, 23:30
Will be there!
Excited to get to try on the "training pants" that will fit without the hassle of returning ones that dont!
I have real nappies for the bairns but am a bit lax at using them, when the washing piles up!
3 loads a day on a good day......
So the real nappies get abandoned if something happens as its usually the 4th load....(well with 2 in nappies it mounts up)

Red
10-Feb-11, 18:03
I'm going to pack the car tonight so that I won't forget anything!

Julia
10-Feb-11, 19:33
I've sent you a PM

Red
11-Feb-11, 08:47
Final bump to the top!! It's today......

Dadie
12-Feb-11, 00:22
Had a headache from start to finish....couldnt just pay for the knickers needed at the coffee morning and get them when they come up, as they didnt have enough(2 pairs is ok but not enough at that tricky time)I think 8 -10 pairs is a more realistic amount.
Then the website crashed twice and only wants paypal..I dont have a paypal account...ARRRGGGH!
Only want more absorbant training pants as I have real nappies and have used real nappies before!
And I couldnt try the pants on my child over what she had on...to check the sizing..wasnt suggesting trying them on a bare bum,,just over her tights and knickers she already had on before buying them!
And yes I tried phoning the no on the website and got a reply to my message I left too...but still not really further on.