PDA

View Full Version : What If?

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 02:51
You've suddenly won the big one - Lottery or whatever. So, how would you spend say a million pounds?

Lolabelle
21-Aug-06, 06:55
You've suddenly won the big one - Lottery or whatever. So, how would you spend say a million pounds?
What's that in $au??
Regardless, I would hire someone to do all the running around for Dave, and buy a small acreage that has no phone or mail and have somewhere to hide from my life. I would also buy Dave a new truck and aluminium tanker so that I wouldn't have to trampse all over Australia looking at second hand ones. Two trips to Sydney over the weekend and leaving for Melbourne in the morning.

Just had a look, it's $2,481,601AUD. So I could definately do all of the above.
But it would be a miracle if I won, as I don't buy them.
Lola

willz320
21-Aug-06, 08:08
I would definately start off by buying a plot of land in Orkney, and building a mansion for somewhere in the region of 250,000 - very healthy amount of money in Orkney terms! Followed by the purchase of a nice car - nothing really fancy, but just a......nice car. Then a small holiday would be at hands for friends and family, while I have someone back home playing most of my money on investments and shares, hopefully paying off where I can spend the rest of my life taking it slightly easy. Better stop before im completely lost dreaming! :mad:

paris
21-Aug-06, 08:50
I would buy the little place that ive found for sale nr lybster, then as he indoors wants to stay here i can come up there. I would have money for petrol, and a sat nav ( not very good with directions ) to get me there . lol
All those that have helped me over the years i would make their dreams come true aswell.

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 08:58
I would buy the little place that ive found for sale nr lybster, then as he indoors wants to stay here i can come up there. I would have money for petrol, and a sat nav ( not very good with directions ) to get me there . lol
All those that have helped me over the years i would make their dreams come true aswell.
Is Ricco supposed to know about this or would it be a surprise? lol

Billy Boy
21-Aug-06, 09:02
lol i would be hear all day telling you what i would do,so i will tell you the first thing,go on my dream holiday of canoeing around the ice berg's at the north pole on a moon light night:D and exploring the rest of that beautiful place:cool:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 09:14
lol i would be hear all day telling you what i would do,so i will tell you the first thing,go on my dream holiday of canoeing around the ice berg's at the north pole on a moon light night and exploring the rest of that beautiful place

Like this you mean?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/OpenandShut/icebg-uw2.jpg

But REMEMBER TITANIC!!

paris
21-Aug-06, 09:29
Is Ricco supposed to know about this or would it be a surprise? lol
Surprise.............it would be a miracle LOL i want to come up with the man ive spent the last 30 yrs with but hey how the hell can i get him there if he dont want to come???? HELP answers on a poastcard.. jan x

Lolabelle
21-Aug-06, 09:36
What's that in $au??
Regardless, I would hire someone to do all the running around for Dave, and buy a small acreage that has no phone or mail and have somewhere to hide from my life. I would also buy Dave a new truck and aluminium tanker so that I wouldn't have to trampse all over Australia looking at second hand ones. Two trips to Sydney over the weekend and leaving for Melbourne in the morning.

Just had a look, it's $2,481,601AUD. So I could definately do all of the above.
But it would be a miracle if I won, as I don't buy them.
Lola
Please forgive me, the absolute first thing would be to buy a ticket to Scotland and have an extended visit. The rest would come later.

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 09:43
Surprise.............it would be a miracle LOL i want to come up with the man ive spent the last 30 yrs with but hey how the hell can i get him there if he dont want to come???? HELP answers on a poastcard.. jan x

And while you're waiting for the postcards (hehehe), how about -

"Honey" (you to him) Hadn't we better get moving to high ground (Highland)? News just in says Lincolnshire will be flooded imminently (next rainfall) through global warming and sea levels rising."
(we all know half of Lincolnshire's probably below sea level anyway, right?)

paris
21-Aug-06, 09:52
And while you're waiting for the postcards (hehehe), how about -

"Honey" (you to him) Hadn't we better get moving to high ground (Highland)? News just in says Lincolnshire will be flooded imminently (next rainfall) through global warming and sea levels rising."
(we all know half of Lincolnshire's probably below sea level anyway, right?)
Funny you should say that...rumor has it we ARE in for some wicked flooding this year and my house backs on the river !! At its worst we've been told the tide is rising by 10 foot this winter due to exceptionally high tides. WHAT !!!! That's me under water then .jan x hes ordered a boat ( joke )

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 09:55
Funny you should say that...rumor has it we ARE in for some wicked flooding this year and my house backs on the river !! At its worst we've been told the tide is rising by 10 foot this winter due to exceptionally high tides. WHAT !!!! That's me under water then .jan x hes ordered a boat ( joke )
I lived in Lincolnshire (once) - I know about these things lol

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 09:59
Please forgive me, the absolute first thing would be to buy a ticket to Scotland and have an extended visit. The rest would come later.

I should think so to!

golach
21-Aug-06, 10:18
I went to school with the chap who won the first Wednesday lottery he and I went to both primary and secondary schools in the Carse o Gowrie, I was glad for him.
Was relating this to one of my sons, his reply was "Dad that is the nearest you will get to winning the Lottery, knowing someone who did"
And lol so far he is right [lol]

paris
21-Aug-06, 10:24
We actually go drinking with a guy of about 55 who won 1.2million on the lottery 2 yrs ago. It hasnt really changed him ....he offers to buy you a drink now and then but still lives in his modest little house and drives a 7 yr old car .

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 10:32
I went to school with the chap who won the first Wednesday lottery he and I went to both primary and secondary schools in the Carse o Gowrie, I was glad for him.
Was relating this to one of my sons, his reply was "Dad that is the nearest you will get to winning the Lottery, knowing someone who did"
And lol so far he is right [lol]
Most of us won't get that close.

lynne duncan
21-Aug-06, 12:27
pay mortgage and then have one fabulous holiday to a different country each year there after, take the bairns to florida/disneyworld, and be able to not worry about buying shop's own instead of branded items, install a wind turbine and some solar panels instead of paying the price of fuel nowadays even if I could afford it.
hmm the more you think of it the more you could do!!
but we would stay here as it is the best place to stay ("even with the occasional smells from around about")

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 21:38
Nothing for a charity/dogs home/ etc?

phoenix
21-Aug-06, 22:05
Id buy a luxurious mobile home and travel around a bit, and buy a nice little cottage as well somewhere in France and live happily ever after! :Razz If theres any left over Id build a luxurious dog/cat home for all the unwanted doggies and pussycats so they can spend the rest of their days being cared for properly. Oh and Id like to build a Spiritual Hospital as well! :Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Aug-06, 22:10
Make sure all the family are okay then spend the rest on Mars Bars:lol: :lol:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 22:34
Make sure all the family are okay then spend the rest on Mars Bars:lol: :lol:

Fried or 'as they come'?