PDA

View Full Version : Please explain:

David Banks
12-Jan-11, 17:45
(1) How does one make "friends" on the org?

(2) Also, what difference does it make having "friends"? For example, does it show their recent postings to any thread, or what?

(3) How does one "subscribe" to a thread, and if so, what benefit is there from subscribing ?

(4) Is there the ability to do "live" chatting with anyone who happens to be signed-on at any particular time ? If so, how?

Thank you for having such help available.

David B.

octane
13-Jan-11, 17:25
(1) How does one make "friends" on the org? Left click on the persons name and click " Add Contact

(2) Also, what difference does it make having "friends"? For example, does it show their recent postings to any thread, or what? It shows that people like you

(3) How does one "subscribe" to a thread, and if so, what benefit is there from subscribing ? At the top right of the starting thread look for a tab that says "thread Tool" left click and choose "subscribe to thread" Benefits not sure as i dont do it but i assume in your account settings you can be emailed or suchlike evertime someone posts.

(4) Is there the ability to do "live" chatting with anyone who happens to be signed-on at any particular time ? If so, how? Once your logged in, click the community tab and a drop down box will appear, click flashchat and it will take you into the chatroom. Also when logged on and in the main part of the messageboard scroll down to the bottom and it will say Flashchat and will show the members names that are in there.

Thank you for having such help available.

David B.

Hope that kinda helps

David Banks
14-Jan-11, 05:20
If you post on a thread, you are automatically "subscribed" and a little green circle with a check mark appears against that thread.

It also appears that one can subscribe without participating if it happens to be an interesting thread. The little green circle with the check mark makes them easier to pick out from the other threads.

There is no notification of new postings on a subscribed thread as far as I have seen.

trix
14-Jan-11, 08:53
hi david, it worked cos am yer buddy now ;)

it also puts a little arrow beside their name at the bottom o' 'e forum page.....so ye wid ken which o' yer pals are on line at 'at moment.

am no sure how ye get til speak directly til them but if their wis a way, apart fie PM..i wid tell ye that am planin getin oot til canisby 'iss weekend wi' yer message :cool:

theres bin alot o' snow an sposed til be more comin next week so i want til beat 'e storm, so til speak. il call them first so they are expectin me ;)

hev a nice weekend...buddy x x

octane
14-Jan-11, 12:33
You can be notified of new posts in a subscribed thread via email either instantly, daily or on a weekly basis

First off

Click Settings near top right (next to log out tab)
In the my account section click on general settings ( down the left hand side )
Where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" there is a drop down box and you can choose which notification setting you want to happen with subscribed threads.

Once you have made your selection scroll down to the bottom of the page and click save