PDA

View Full Version : It does not pay to throw Extinguishers

golach
11-Jan-11, 14:17
has justice been done? Or should he have been given a stiffer sentence?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Fire-Extinguisher-Throwing-Student-Edward-Woollard-Jailed-For-32-Months-For-Student-Fees-Riots/Article/201101215891337?f=rss

Corrie 3
11-Jan-11, 14:23
has justice been done? Or should he have been given a stiffer sentence?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Fire-Extinguisher-Throwing-Student-Edward-Woollard-Jailed-For-32-Months-For-Student-Fees-Riots/Article/201101215891337?f=rss
10 years at least, that could have killed someone and its only by the grace of God that it didnt. Stupid, stupid boy!!!

C3.

bekisman
11-Jan-11, 14:30
32 months?, hmm that'll be reduced by 50% for good behaviour?
The man's a fool..

Oh well I'm #3 on here, no defenders yet; I am surprised..

DeHaviLand
11-Jan-11, 14:41
I think he got what he deserved. How many times have you seen people seriously injured and the perpetrator get less time than this? Good on the judge. And his parents are worried about his life being ruined? I hope he has a life of vagrancy.

changilass
11-Jan-11, 14:58
He will have plenty of time to study now.

If his life is ruined he only has himself to blame, however there are plenty that have gone to jail and come good at the end, don't write him off yet.

If he does his time and keeps his head down then, he will have paid for his crime and there is no reason why he can't go on to a decent future.

Good on the judge.

Fisherbigin
11-Jan-11, 15:10
He will have plenty of time to study now.

If his life is ruined he only has himself to blame, however there are plenty that have gone to jail and come good at the end, don't write him off yet.

If he does his time and keeps his head down then, he will have paid for his crime and there is no reason why he can't go on to a decent future.

Good on the judge.

If there was any sence between this fellow's lugs he would not have thrown a fire extinguisher amongs a crowd of people,is he goin to gain some sence in the slammer? if so that will be a start for him.

squidge
11-Jan-11, 15:15
You are right changilass He did a stupid dangerous and criminal thing and must expect to pay for what he did. I hope that he keeps his head down and does his time and then goes on to build a good future for himself.

changilass
11-Jan-11, 15:17
Most folks have done something that others would class as senseless in their youth, he did wrong (very easy to get carried away with a situation with folks jeering you on), he is being punished.

I just don't feel the need to wish him ill for the rest of his life.

Gronnuck
11-Jan-11, 16:04
IMHO the judge got it about right. It could have been worse; had he hit someone it could have been manslaughter or possibly murder. Here's hoping he's learned his lesson and he can serve his time and then get on with his life.

golach
11-Jan-11, 16:15
Most folks have done something that others would class as senseless in their youth, he did wrong (very easy to get carried away with a situation with folks jeering you on), he is being punished.

I just don't feel the need to wish him ill for the rest of his life.

IMHO he should have got more, he broke into that building, helped wreck it, climbed to the upper floors, then threw the extinguisher, all done in the heat of the moment......aye right, if the police had not managed to get photographic evidence, he would be on Facebook now bragging about it, there again maybe he is.
In the words of a famour Orger......Hing him!!!!!!!!