PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Councillor

Loafer
20-Aug-06, 16:37
Whilst through in Wick today, shopping in Argos, who did I happen to come across shopping in the very same shop, but one of our esteemed "Anti-Asda" Thurso councillors.

The very same chap mentioned a few weeks ago how he wasn't for "big shops" and preferred to put money in "local traders" pockets.

Stinks of hypocrisy to me.

The Loafer

emszxr
20-Aug-06, 16:40
i delivered some flooring from inverness a few years ago to a thurso councillor who was always on about shopping local and only giving to local businesses

golach
20-Aug-06, 16:43
Whilst through in Wick today, shopping in Argos, who did I happen to come across shopping in the very same shop, but one of our esteemed "Anti-Asda" Thurso councillors.

The very same chap mentioned a few weeks ago how he wasn't for "big shops" and preferred to put money in "local traders" pockets.

Stinks of hypocrisy to me.

The Loafer
Maybe he was looking for cheap humble pie? As the Thursa pies are awful dear[lol]

concerned resident
20-Aug-06, 17:01
Hopefully there will be a good clean out at the next election, so theres something to consider for Forum members, and i believe they are going to pay you a reasonable wage, and there are the expenses, and without a doubt would be a big improvement, for the County of Caithness.

mickey101
20-Aug-06, 17:23
Hi
Our councillors are elected to represent he wishes of the ward that they stood for, not to use it as a vehicle to pursue their own interests. Seems to me that it is a case of do as i say ( same disease as Dr Scott MSP) not as i do. After all we pay these muppets to go down to Inverness, where we know they take advantage of the shopping and fill there cars with cheap petrol, while thumbing there noses at their constituents.

When I first looked at the report on Asda rejection i could have sworn that listed among the names of people who had written in and objected were.
Mr Saxon and Mr Jackson. When i looked at the online version last week these names had been mysteriously removed and the number of objectors at the top of the page didnt tally with the number at the bottom.
I guess i must have been seing things. I mean, far be it for our duteful local councillors to go into a planning meeting with anything less than an open mind. or would it?
I know of a couple of other people who had the same problem with there vision. Must be catching.

M

webmannie
20-Aug-06, 18:56
Both their names were on the report, I think the first vote broke the rules, they had an interest in the outcome so therefore should have removed themselves from the voting process.

I think I downloaded it, just searching for the PDF, did anybody else download it in case i'm wrong?

Royster1911
20-Aug-06, 20:15
Perhaps looking in the job vacancy section with a view as to what they may be doing after the local elections next year....[evil]

Royster1911
20-Aug-06, 20:34
Im sure they wont need it but could someone put up a map for (x)Thurso councelors to find their way to the dole centre. The number and times of busses may also be helpfull

Thanx

mickey101
21-Aug-06, 18:09
Hi
If anyone has an undoctored version of the document ( funny how a legal record of events can be mysteriously ammended) then they should forward it to Mr Arthur McCourt underlining the names of the councillors involved. As this is evidence that the first vote was not valid and that the said councillors should not be allowed to participate in any other debate in this matter.

M

theone
22-Aug-06, 01:57
The problem with councillors is the same as union officials.

90% of those who want to do it shouldn't be allowed to do it!

Power hungry with the wrong intentions.

By the way, this is a public board, there's no need to hide the facts. Which councillor was buying in argos. Let's name and shame them.

Loafer
22-Aug-06, 07:36
The problem with councillors is the same as union officials.

90% of those who want to do it shouldn't be allowed to do it!

Power hungry with the wrong intentions.

By the way, this is a public board, there's no need to hide the facts. Which councillor was buying in argos. Let's name and shame them.

Okay dokay, it was Donnnie Mackay. I was going to ask why he hadn't replied to my e-mails and why he wasn't shopping at Alacam's (he was perusing the TV's) in Thurso as he SO for the local trader! Wonder if he went to the Central on Sunday for some tips from Eric Pollard, or maybe to pass on some words of wisdom to him!!!!

The Loafer