PDA

View Full Version : The King's Speech

John Little
09-Jan-11, 20:05
I do not often recommend a film that I have seen but I do recommend this one. At the cinema this afternoon I did not actually stand up and clap - I am far too reserved for that, but I nearly did! It's easily the best film I have seen for a long time - a cracking cast acting their socks off.

Usually I'm hard to please but there was not much wrong with this film and it was genuinely moving.

Not to be missed imho.

billmoseley
09-Jan-11, 20:10
thank john have seen it advertised and with your recommendtion i might just go see it. hold on bit of a problem no cinema and just done my 3 monthly visit to inverness

John Little
09-Jan-11, 20:16
This one's worth a special Bill - it'll wring you out, take your emotions up and down and leave you feeling just good!

trix
09-Jan-11, 20:30
nice one mr little, am always on 'e look oot for new films :D

Bill Fernie
09-Jan-11, 21:11
The King's Speech
Watch the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aS4hoOSlzo

Liz
15-Jan-11, 19:30
I am soooo looking forward to seeing this film but will have to wait until it comes out on DVD.:confused

trix
15-Jan-11, 19:36
I am soooo looking forward to seeing this film but will have to wait until it comes out on DVD.:confused

not necessarily :cool:

Liz
15-Jan-11, 19:44
not necessarily :cool:

Afraid so Trix. I canna sit up straight for this long without terrible pain due to back problems.

Still I enjoy films stretched out on my comfy couch!:D

trix
16-Jan-11, 15:08
Afraid so Trix. I canna sit up straight for this long without terrible pain due to back problems.

Still I enjoy films stretched out on my comfy couch!:D

will PM ye

bekisman
06-May-11, 18:41
My middle son has just sent me the King's Speech Blueray - will enjoy it, me thinks..

Liz
22-May-11, 19:27
I rented this from LoveFilm and was so looking forward to watching it this afternoon but a flipping message came up saying 'Copyright Violation'! :(

I've reported it and really hope I get one I can play next time!

trix
22-May-11, 19:32
shame liz, 'e film is fantastic!!

get yersel a memory stick, padded envelope an ma hom' address.....yer eyeballies will be square in no time! ;)

Liz
22-May-11, 19:40
Aw dinna rub hid in Trix!lol

Cheers for the offer hun. I'll take you up on it if LoveFilm can't send me another. xx

Tilly Teckel
22-May-11, 19:58
The Kings Speech is on Sky Box Office from Monday I think.

Liz
22-May-11, 23:08
The Kings Speech is on Sky Box Office from Monday I think.

I don't have Sky. :)

wiifungii
07-Oct-11, 19:42
Tis good some funny parts in it which i didn't expect