PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Moments

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 03:19
Anyone game to share an awkward moment/experience?

The following joke might get you started.

A man and a wife were having dinner in a fine restaurant. Their waitress, taking another order at a table a few steps away, suddenly noticed that the man was slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, but the woman acted unconcerned. The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table. Still, the woman dining across from him appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her dining companion had disappeared.
After the waitress finished taking the order, she came over to the table and said to the woman:
"Pardon me, ma’am, but I think your husband just slid under the table.”
The woman calmly looked up at her and replied:
"No he didn’t. He just walked in the door.”

Royster1911
20-Aug-06, 09:17
Going to the toilet during a concert and leaving the radio mic switched on. Still hiding under a stone....[evil]

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 09:20
Going to the toilet during a concert and leaving the radio mic switched on. Still hiding under a stone....[evil]

Chamber music perhaps, was it?

Royster1911
20-Aug-06, 09:25
Rolling thunder....methinks:lol:

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 09:26
after a Vindaloo?

Royster1911
20-Aug-06, 09:33
Mmmmmm. Curry.

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 09:35
What was the concert? or has the "moment" driven away the memory?
Something with the 1812 might have been appropriate?

Royster1911
20-Aug-06, 09:41
Nah, Nothing so grand. Twas a school christmas concert a few year ago. Great sound effects though. hehe

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 09:44
Well I hope you've given confidence to others to share. Thanks.
(Exits with sound of waterfall?)

connieb19
20-Aug-06, 10:40
A pair of my knickers stuck to velcro on the hood of my jacket in the tumble dryer. I didn't notice and went off down the street. :o lol, that's my second most embarrasing moment. I've just deleted the most embarrasing one..:eek:

willowbankbear
20-Aug-06, 10:48
Ive had too many to mention,or remember, trust me theres been hundreds:eek:

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 10:49
How long before you found out and how?

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 10:52
Ive had too many to mention,or remember, trust me theres been hundreds:eek:
Awwww! c'mon - share a wee ane huh?

connieb19
20-Aug-06, 10:54
How long before you found out and how?When I got home and took my jacket off lol.:lol:

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 10:58
Ouch! And not a soul let on? Mind you, I'm not sure if I'd have wanted to tell you if I'd seen it.

LRM
20-Aug-06, 14:05
my hubby and I were staying in a hotel in Peebles on a saturday night, we had left the car in a car park next to the hotel. When we went to leave on the sunday we were mortified to find the car surrounded by stalls and lots of people (obviously a market of some sort). Had to drive the car through all these stalls and needless to say giggled the whole way home. We still laugh about it now.

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 15:18
my hubby and I were staying in a hotel in Peebles on a saturday night, we had left the car in a car park next to the hotel. When we went to leave on the sunday we were mortified to find the car surrounded by stalls and lots of people (obviously a market of some sort). Had to drive the car through all these stalls and needless to say giggled the whole way home. We still laugh about it now.

In the days when "you were young and foolish" maybe?

Sandra_B
20-Aug-06, 16:50
Falling asleep on a tour bus and wakening up drooling on a strangers shoulder.

Just one of many embarrassments in my life.

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 19:28
Falling asleep on a tour bus and wakening up drooling on a strangers shoulder.

Just one of many embarrassments in my life.
After the embarrassment, clean up etc, did you maintain contact?

connieb19
20-Aug-06, 21:08
I was coming back from holiday one time. I was on the bus and fell asleep, I was dreaming I was on the plane and when I woke up, I got in a right panic because the plane was flying so low. You should have seen the man sitting behind me, he thought i was totally mad..lol:o

Kingetter
20-Aug-06, 21:12
I was coming back from holiday one time. I was on the bus and fell asleep, I was dreaming I was on the plane and when I woke up, I got in a right panic because the plane was flying so low. You should have seen the man sitting behind me, he thought i was totally mad..lol:o

You mean you aren't? and that was the bus driver/pilot?

outsider
20-Aug-06, 23:47
I was drunk one night at a club and there was a famous guest at it. There was a competition but I didnt kno wat was involved as I hadnt been listening but I just saw people put their hands up...so i did the same.
I got picked with another 2 girls 2 go on the stage, asked one of the girls what i was doing up there, I cant even rember wat she sed. Got to the famous guy, he asked my name and then I cant rember the rest, but I was told the next day, aparently I was suposed 2 fake an orgasm but I just started talking crap to the famous guy and was eventually booed off stage...:eek:
Thats just one of my many......

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 01:19
I was drunk one night at a club and there was a famous guest at it. There was a competition but I didnt kno wat was involved as I hadnt been listening but I just saw people put their hands up...so i did the same.
I got picked with another 2 girls 2 go on the stage, asked one of the girls what i was doing up there, I cant even rember wat she sed. Got to the famous guy, he asked my name and then I cant rember the rest, but I was told the next day, aparently I was suposed 2 fake an orgasm but I just started talking crap to the famous guy and was eventually booed off stage...:eek:
Thats just one of my many......

I wonder if that famous person would remember you?

Lolabelle
21-Aug-06, 10:40
I have had thousands as I am really clumsy and forgetful.
One interesting one, when I was 16 and just started a new job. A man and his wife were having dinner at a restaurant where i worked. He spilt his drink in his lap as I was delivering thier meals. I helpfully grabbed a napkin and proceeded to wipe it up for him. Needless to say his wife wasn't impressed.
And another, when I met Dave (blind date, would you believe) we ( a few friends) all went back to Dave's flat for a cuppa. There was a gorgeous stray rabbit in his back yard, so I picked it up and put it on this fellows head as a joke. The rotten thing pooed all over the bloke and all over Daves lounge and his jumper. Great first night out. 10 years later and we are still together, but I am not allowed to have a rabbit. I don't know why.

lynne duncan
21-Aug-06, 12:40
try shopping with my little one, she is going through a phase of investigating every trolley and grilling the owner of said trolley, why they are needing whatever is in it, roll on her coming of school age

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 15:23
try shopping with my little one, she is going through a phase of investigating every trolley and grilling the owner of said trolley, why they are needing whatever is in it, roll on her coming of school age

But then how to kids learn without asking questions? (hehehe)

outsider
21-Aug-06, 20:13
I wonder if that famous person would remember you?

I dont kno but it was Keith chegwin...ahhhh!!

connieb19
21-Aug-06, 20:16
I dont kno but it was Keith chegwin...ahhhh!!You were probably more sober than him.lol:roll:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 20:19
I dont kno but it was Keith chegwin...ahhhh!!

Then no loss at all IMHO

connieb19
21-Aug-06, 20:21
Then no loss at all IMHOExactly, he must be one of the most annoying people ever. [evil]

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 20:26
Exactly, he must be one of the most annoying people ever. [evil]
has quite spoilt my evening hearing that name! Hmph! (hehehe)

connieb19
21-Aug-06, 20:30
has quite spoilt my evening hearing that name! Hmph! (hehehe)How do you feel after seeing this lol?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/785000/images/_789086_cheggers300.jpg

Billy Boy
21-Aug-06, 20:32
i have had so many embarrassing moments but one that come's to mind is years ago in Helensburgh when i was married to my first hubby,i forgot my purse and went back to the car for it on returning to my hubby (i put one arm round him and grabbed him somewhere south of the border) and squeezed his butt with the other hand. only it wasnt my hubby i dont know who was more embarrassed cos i just turned and ran :roll:

connieb19
21-Aug-06, 20:35
i have had so many embarrassing moments but one that come's to mind is years ago in Helensburgh when i was married to my first hubby,i forgot my purse and went back to the car for it on returning to my hubby (i put one arm round him and grabbed him somewhere south of the border) and squeezed his butt with the other hand. only it wasnt my hubby i dont know who was more embarrassed cos i just turned and ran :roll:You mean to say, when you did this in the Coop last week , it wasn't the first time lol!!:eek:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 20:36
How do you feel after seeing this lol?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/785000/images/_789086_cheggers300.jpg
Oh Lord - I promise to be good - IF she hides that miserable uknowwhat

Billy Boy
21-Aug-06, 20:38
You mean to say, when you did this in the Coop last week , it wasn't the first time lol!!:eek:

ah know, sad how some people just never learn :lol:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 20:39
i have had so many embarrassing moments but one that come's to mind is years ago in Helensburgh when i was married to my first hubby,i forgot my purse and went back to the car for it on returning to my hubby (i put one arm round him and grabbed him somewhere south of the border) and squeezed his butt with the other hand. only it wasnt my hubby i dont know who was more embarrassed cos i just turned and ran :roll:

so "x mark's the spot" does it? Better get spot-remover in case it ever happens again!

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 20:41
ah know, sad how some people just never learn :lol:

but if they did, we might have less to laugh at!

Billy Boy
21-Aug-06, 20:52
but if they did, we might have less to laugh at!

well lol thats very true:lol:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 20:55
So next time, can I watch please hehehe

Billy Boy
21-Aug-06, 21:02
So next time, can I watch please hehehe

next time it could be you lol:roll: :lol:

Kingetter
21-Aug-06, 21:08
next time it could be you lol:roll: :lol:
That could go two ways - but I'm game!