PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

billmoseley
09-Jan-11, 14:19
the wife and i were out walking the dogs this morning and passed the church to see many cars parked outside and people going in, which is a great thing if thats what you believe in. But it got us thinking God must be very busy on sundays and inundated with prayer from people from all over has he a call centre? this is what we wondered.
press 1 if you have sinned
press2 if you need guidence
press 3 to pray for someone who is ill
press 4 to thank the lord
press 5 if you want to speak to someone direct ( this may take a life time )

This is just a bit of fun and no offence is intended :lol:

Corrie 3
09-Jan-11, 14:22
And to end...........................

"Thank you, your call is important to us".

C3.....:roll:;)

shazzap
09-Jan-11, 14:51
the wife and i were out walking the dogs this morning and passed the church to see many cars parked outside and people going in, which is a great thing if thats what you believe in. But it got us thinking God must be very busy on sundays and inundated with prayer from people from all over has he a call centre? this is what we wondered.
press 1 if you have sinned
press2 if you need guidence
press 3 to pray for someone who is ill
press 4 to thank the lord
press 5 if you want to speak to someone direct ( this may take a life time )

And to end...........................

"Thank you, your call is important to us".

C3.....:roll:;) Ha ha ha ha ha

Hobbit
09-Jan-11, 14:56
Personally, I'm not too keen on the choice of hymns they play when they put you on hold..................

gillsbay
09-Jan-11, 20:58
A vocal trio called Artisan have recorded a song called Put me through to Heaven (written by one of the trio, Brian Bedford) which covers this nicely, you can listen to it on Spotify

theone
09-Jan-11, 21:24

In my opinion it is a major failing of our society that people have to be worried about "offence" when speaking about religion. I'm not criticising you for the statement, I think its one that most people would feel they are obliged to make.

If anyone can claim to be offended by your post, then I would suggest the problem lies with them, not the post.

Religion is a viewpoint, and should be no different to political persuasion. People should feel free to question, debate or mock religion in exactly the same way they can the political parties.