squidge
09-Jan-11, 00:16
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm lurrrrve them

golach
09-Jan-11, 00:17
Luvvv them

The Music Monster
09-Jan-11, 00:28
I'm sort of indifferent! I don't mind them in cooking but don't like them on their own.

Scarybiscuits03
09-Jan-11, 00:46
HATE them with a vengeance!!! Especially olive based pesto!!!!!!......But I dont like marmite either!!...Eeeurgh!

pumkin
09-Jan-11, 00:58
Love them! buy the big jars of them from lidls. They fairly liven up pasta and pizza's...yum! :)

changilass
09-Jan-11, 01:04
Detest the 'orrible things.

joxville
09-Jan-11, 01:06
Thoroughly detest them. Bought them once as part of a courtship ritual, needless to say the olives went the same way as the woman...oot the windae!

*No olives or women were harmed in the ritual.

Kevin Milkins
09-Jan-11, 01:13
Someone at rugby club dinner decided it might be good fun to drink huge amounts of Champagne and eat loads of olives, I still barf at the thought of the final result.

Needless to say, I loath them.

The Music Monster
09-Jan-11, 01:18
HATE them with a vengeance!!! Especially olive based pesto!!!!!!......But I dont like marmite either!!...Eeeurgh!

I love Marmite - but I always need a drink with it because it's so salty!!!

squidge
09-Jan-11, 01:30
I hate marmite it tastes nothing like olives.

spaceddaisy
09-Jan-11, 01:36
They're one of these things that I keep trying to like but simply don't. I will keep trying incase my tastes change but at the moment they're definitely in the hate pile.

changilass
09-Jan-11, 01:45
I hate marmite it tastes nothing like olives.

That would explain why I like marmite lol

gollach
09-Jan-11, 02:11
I detested them when I was younger but I love them now.

.D.
09-Jan-11, 02:29
I love them! Green & Black Olives, I love them both. Especially love the ones stuffed wit Pimiento & also like olives in flavoured oils (chilli, garlic, nut etc.)

Hoida
09-Jan-11, 12:28
I can take them or leave them wouldn't go out my way to buy them. Not keen on Marmite but will eat twiglets. Odd I know but that is me!

Commore
09-Jan-11, 12:51
Love them and not just for special occasions either, yum

Corrie 3
09-Jan-11, 13:14
I was in love with Olive Oyle but she dumped me for Popeye the Sailor Man.....

C3.....:roll::roll:;)

welsh-witch
09-Jan-11, 13:31
love love love love emmmmmmmmm

golach
09-Jan-11, 13:41
Detest the 'orrible things.

Thats because you are an e by gum lass who was brought up on tripe lol

changilass
09-Jan-11, 15:10
Cannae bliddy stand tripe, orrible stuff.

billmoseley
09-Jan-11, 16:48
i always thought she and popeye made a lovely couple

dafi
09-Jan-11, 17:13
geeeyuuggg olives....

Cooking tripe will drive me from the house......From time to time i would have to work in the gut room of the slaughterhouse emptying tripes...that smelt worse than almost anything i have ever done, and the smell wont leave you no matter how much you shower before home....perhaps i should have rubbed me self all over with an olive!!....not the one from On the busses i hasten to add!!

northener
09-Jan-11, 17:44
Love olives.

Especially the golfball sized ones you can't seem to get in this country. Friends have a house in Competa (that's in Spanish Spain) when we've been out there we've had huuuuge olives with every meal we had out in the local restaurants. And the anchovies were fantastic too.

And I like tripe.

Red
09-Jan-11, 18:16
Love, love, love olives - I could eat my own body weight in them...

dafi
09-Jan-11, 19:05
Makes my mouth screw up just thinking about it...lol

beetlecrusher
09-Jan-11, 19:07
Oh boy I love em :)

Sandra_B
09-Jan-11, 20:01
Used to loathe them but always liked the idea of sitting on the sun drenched balcony nibbling olives and sipping wine (used to live in Italy). Had to work at it for a while but now I love them!! (Now I live in Germany and it's too cold for the balcony, still manage the olives and the wine though!))

Nettie
09-Jan-11, 20:18
Love 'em! especially the whole green Queen ones from Greece! :o
(well ...... I get them from the Co-op!!)

Whitewater
09-Jan-11, 20:52
They don't put me up nor down, but I do like them in a martini.

ywindythesecond
10-Jan-11, 19:24
I detested them when I was younger but I love them now.
I read many years ago in the Readers Digest about a wee girl watching her grandfather eating and obviously enjoying olives and she tried one and then tried another and another and then burst out crying. When she calmed down enough to explain she said "Its not fair, Grandad is getting all the good ones!"

Ricco
12-Jan-11, 11:23
Love 'em. When I went to Rhodes my first task was to buy a bowl of olives and feta cheese, with a cold lager, and sit by the sea eating them - heaven!

.D.
12-Jan-11, 13:32
Love 'em. When I went to Rhodes my first task was to buy a bowl of olives and feta cheese, with a cold lager, and sit by the sea eating them - heaven!

HA! Awesome! I'm one envious cull enow! lol