PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a music teacher?

tootler
08-Jan-11, 23:41
I'm a fully qualified, experienced music teacher giving lessons from my house in the centre of Thurso.

I teach flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, recorder, penny whistle, trumpet, cornet, horn, violin/fiddle, theory, aural and composition.

Any standard from beginner to advanced level welcome. I teach all ages, too!

Some instruments are available for complete beginners to borrow. (Budding oboe or bassoon players would be particularly welcome! ;))

Get in touch if you'd like to find out more: Katrina on 893517 or email katrinathurso@aol.com

Alana
29-Jan-11, 22:28
Hi

Just wondering how much you would charge for lessons for the fiddle for my 9 year old son.
He is already taking lessons for the piano and chanter but is very keen to try the fiddle also. Would it be quite easy to pick up a 2nd hand fiddle ?

Thanks
Alana

tootler
04-Feb-11, 20:53
Hi Alana,

The first lesson is free, then after that it's £10 for a half hour lesson.

9 is a great age to start learning the violin - I'm sure if you put a notice here on the org (maybe in the general section to catch non-musicians, too?) you'll find there are lots of .orgers out there with half size or 3/4 size violins gathering dust in their houses who would be only too pleased to sell you a fiddle for between £20 and £40. A new one would probably cost you between £50 and £100. At 9, your son's probably not big enough yet for a full size instrument but the second hand market in smaller ones is good because children grow out of their violins before they wear them out!

E-mail me at katrinathurso@aol.com to book a free introductory lesson or for more information.

Best wishes,

Katrina