PDA

View Full Version : New Land Rover launched in caithness?!

lois17
04-Sep-04, 21:39
Maybe I missed this in the Groat, having been away a couple of weeks recently, but LR are showing off their new edition vehicle in caithness to journos all over the world. For the past month, and for another 6 weeks yet, they are flying these people from around the globe, via London, flying to Wick Airport, staying at Ackergill Tower, and testing out the new LR's off-road in Scotscalder / Dorrery! Loads biz for the county, great stuff. :D There are no less than a dozen vehicles (I think they're Discovery's) in Caithness to keep these visitors happy. I asked a LR official today why they chose Caithness, and he said "because it's beautiful!" :o) . Anyone else heard of this?

moshmosh
05-Sep-04, 12:20
You can hardly miss them swarming the roads around here. :Razz

gravedigga
05-Sep-04, 16:38
check out

http://www.caithness.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5826

gunner01
30-Oct-04, 23:25
many car companies choose to have international press releases of their cars in caithness including land rover, jaguar, alfa romeo, and bentley who last year chose to release their £125,000 Continental GT Coupe!!

tides of pentland firth
31-Oct-04, 11:05
You're a wee bitty late.

They're gone now.

Riffman
04-Nov-04, 14:55
Yeah, Bently had their launch up here too, I sneaked a look when they were being stored up at the Airport (Far North Aviation Hanger) and they were amazing. And the Landy's have been around everywhere, although I noticed that when Bill put the photos on Caithness.org he mistakenly called them the new Range Rovers! They are Discovery 3's!!

:D Riff