PDA

View Full Version : Agree / Like button?

Carole
08-Jan-11, 12:53
Lots of posts are followed up by others saying much the same thing - but in a slightly different way. I wondered if it might be an idea to have a button which would record our agreement (similar to the 'Like' button on Facebook)? Maybe it's not possible but thought it worth suggesting.

billmoseley
08-Jan-11, 12:57
hmmmmmmmmmmm not sure if i like this post lololol

Carole
08-Jan-11, 13:09
hmmmmmmmmmmm not sure if i like this post lololol

Wish I could 'Like' your's though. ;)

annemarie482
08-Jan-11, 14:15
thats a facebook type thing quick and lazy. (yes i use facebook! lol)
you dont want to discourage folk from posting and clicking buttons instead.
if you agree with the poster you rep them.
we dont need to make a show of support, but if its felt its needed, i'm sure you'd post.

Carole
08-Jan-11, 14:29
if you agree with the poster you rep them.

Ok, now I show my ignorance (and probably also that I haven't read the forum rules properly!). How and why should one 'rep' someone? Also, does this show up as you agreeing with their sentiments?

annemarie482
08-Jan-11, 15:24
you rep someone if they say something you strongly agree with or strongly disagree with.
if they say something you find particularly funny, or helpful. its up to you.
to do this you click the wee star below the comment you want to rep.
it then gives you a choice to agree or disagree and leave a wee comment.
only the original poster will see this rep in their settings at the top right of the forum.
its not displayed to all, but the poster knows you appreciate or disagree with their thoughts.
hope that helps x

Carole
08-Jan-11, 16:30
Thanks Annemarie. I think I understand. ;)
Guessing this explains those comments when you float the cursor over the green boxes under our names then?

annemarie482
08-Jan-11, 16:32
kinda yeah, those are preset by the org and change as you get more rep.

Moira
09-Jan-11, 00:07
Lots of posts are followed up by others saying much the same thing - but in a slightly different way. I wondered if it might be an idea to have a button which would record our agreement (similar to the 'Like' button on Facebook)? Maybe it's not possible but thought it worth suggesting.

Heaven forbid. This is Caithness dot Org not Bebo/Facebook via the Caithness connection.

steeko
09-Jan-11, 00:29
or a dislike button? fb should def have a dislike option

changilass
09-Jan-11, 00:40
Dislike on facebook is easy, you just delete them from your contact list.