PDA

View Full Version : Park TV

ShelleyCowie
08-Jan-11, 12:05
For Christmas this year (long time away i know and im sorry) i was thinking about saving with Park. I went to their website to see about how much you can save, what products are available etc etc....

Are these people serious? £440 for an xbox! :eek: Paid at about £11 per week. I can get an xbox from play.com for less than £200. Why would i pay over double?!

Think i will just stick to the standing order into the savings account each week instead of being completely ripped off! [disgust]

Anyone had any experience with them?

Kodiak
08-Jan-11, 12:09
No I have no experience with them. Just like you a couple of years ago I received a catalogue and when I saw the prices I filed it in the correct place. The BIN.

What I did was to put money away each week from my pension and by christmas I had sufficent to buy my presents and Yum, Yum's for christmas dinner.

chaz
08-Jan-11, 12:14
A few years ago wasnt there some problem with them not giving out goods at christmas, maybe im wrong but seem to remember something that was on the news.

Gronnuck
08-Jan-11, 12:34
A few years ago wasnt there some problem with them not giving out goods at christmas, maybe im wrong but seem to remember something that was on the news.

chaz you might be referring to the collapse of Farepak. Details here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2006/nov/08/consumernews)
IMO these types of saving schemes are expensive and financially dangerous.

chaz
08-Jan-11, 12:37
chaz you might be referring to the collapse of Farepak. Details here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2006/nov/08/consumernews)
IMO these types of saving schemes are expensive and financially dangerous.

sorry knew it was one of them, have never used any of them so didnt pay much attention but remembered it was along those lines.

pat
08-Jan-11, 12:41
Yes Shellie - keep saying with bank or post office - safer.
Park or Park Hampers or some such name had serious problems and folk lost money at Christmas time a few years ago.
Can remember when working in Aberdeen some of the folk were putting into this each week - when looking at the prices I was shocked when worked out value of packs, less than half of what the folks would pay in during the year.
Do not touch them - as said just keep putting your money away yourself then you can choose what YOU want to spend and when.

alanatkie
08-Jan-11, 12:42
yeh i have been using park for years but i buy the vouchers not any gifts from the as you ay they are over priced for the goods but vouchers you pay the same price

lindsaymcc
08-Jan-11, 13:30
I used Park for the first time last year, but just for vouchers. We saved £450 of high street vouchers and £100 amazon vouchers.

Not bothering this year, as very little places you can spend the High Street Vouchers up here. Will just put money aside each month into a savings account and then have the cash available to either hit online shopping or local shops!