PDA

View Full Version : Caithness.org new format

melt
08-Jan-11, 10:37
I have just been looking on the org to see if anyone else has had a moan about the new format on the ads etc. Is it just me or does anybody else prefer it the way it was - it was far easier to read and much better - any chance we can have it back to the old set up :~(

ShelleyCowie
08-Jan-11, 11:10
Im slowly getting used to this format, there are certain things im not overly keen on but im sure i will get used to them too! Also struggle to find some of the things that were in the last format! Yet to figure out how to leave rep. Also dont understand why subscribed threads are under my settings.

Also cant see where it shows peoples birthdays anymore? I think i just need to have a good look! Lol

Kevin Milkins
08-Jan-11, 11:15
I prefere what I had got used to, but I suppose there was a good reason for the change. I still cant figure out why my google bar spell checker just makes my post disepear???

I have found the give a rep thingy though, it's the little star down in the left hand side of the post.

ShelleyCowie
08-Jan-11, 11:27
I prefere what I had got used to, but I suppose there was a good reason for the change. I still cant figure out why my google bar spell checker just makes my post disepear???

I have found the give a rep thingy though, it's the little star down in the left hand side of the post.

Awww yeah! Thank u Kev :) Much appreciated!

bekisman
08-Jan-11, 11:32
Took a while to get used to it, initially thought icons were a bit wishy washy - the ones that show if a thread has been opened or not. Took a good look around to find the rep button (star), not sure if it tells you how much space is left on your PM file? so deleted a lot of the recent one's to make space; just in case..
But overall, it's ok - everything changes in time..

DeHaviLand
08-Jan-11, 11:54
I have just been looking on the org to see if anyone else has had a moan about the new format on the ads etc. Is it just me or does anybody else prefer it the way it was - it was far easier to read and much better - any chance we can have it back to the old set up :~(

With 52 posts in 3 and a half years, it must really be affecting you :)

Carole
08-Jan-11, 12:17
With 52 posts in 3 and a half years, it must really be affecting you :)

Surely the number of posts doesn't necessarily indicate the level of usage?

melt
08-Jan-11, 12:48
Yes thanks Carole - I dont post a lot of threads but I do use the org a fair bit, the number of posts I have made certainly doesnt indicate my usage. :roll:
Im certainly learning bits from the comments so far - Thanks :D

billmoseley
08-Jan-11, 13:02
where do you read your rep remaks now?

cherokee
08-Jan-11, 13:29
where do you read your rep remaks now?

At the very top of the Forum page there's a navy-blue bar. You'll see the word "settings" on here, in white. Just click on that to see remarks made with rep.

Ricco
08-Jan-11, 16:13
Yet to figure out how to leave rep.
Also cant see where it shows peoples birthdays anymore? I think i just need to have a good look! Lol

To leave a rep look for the wee star in the bottom left of a comment box.

Hmm - I haven't been able to find birthdays for some time now (even on the old system), so I would also like to know.

Ah,ha! Found it!! You have to go right to the root of the forum (scroll up to the top of the page and look for the word Forum above the first comment on a thread; click on this and it takes you straight to the root directory. Now scroll down and the birthday list is near the bottom. Woo hoo!

oldmarine
08-Jan-11, 19:20
After getting familiar with it, it works great for me...

Sarah
08-Jan-11, 19:49
This is the future of VB forums, its slowly happening with all the other forums I am on. I disliked the first forum that changed (Golden Bunnies) but now I am used to it, so not really bothered about it on here.

ss.sv650
10-Jan-11, 03:03
its weird been away for a few months came back and its all changed bring back the old org less confusin !!!

slinky
10-Jan-11, 14:48
its weird been away for a few months came back and its all changed bring back the old org less confusin !!!
dont like the white too bright

Garnet
10-Jan-11, 20:55
After a brief absence over the festering season i found i could not post and had to re-reg I was totally surprised at the 'change', not very good at PC stuff and was just 'coping' with the old system, now I'm flumaxed but hopefully I'll get to grips with it and yes it's a bit white for me and I've yet to find out what all the abreviations stand for like OH....other half etc, so I'm bound to make many boo..mistakes yet. Hey Ho anyways a good new year to all. G

David from Stockport
10-Jan-11, 22:06
I was thinking of doing some Banner advertising on the org ,has anyone got any experiance of this ? im just starting up an Online greeting cards shop as a hobby business ,idealy if this ever became full-time for me id love to re-locate to the Thurso/Dunnet/John o Groats area as its been my dream to have a Card/gift shop up in Caithness for last 25yrs but ive never had the money to give up my job and move (used to spend holidays in Thurso as grandparents lived there).
My Online shop is still getting tweeked by my son as he is the technical one but he reckons the Banner sizes (pixels) are not great on the org dont know if new format will bring a change ?

www.theweecardshop.co.uk

Fran
11-Jan-11, 10:35
I dont like the new org. Harder to find things. I prefer the old system so don't come on so much now.

trix
11-Jan-11, 21:10
i lek'ed.....i da think there is an awful lot o' difference actually, infact...i cana really mind fit 'e ither aine wis lek now :confused:

its basically 'e same.....6 an 2 3's!

Moira
11-Jan-11, 21:26

There have been one or two comments, positive & negative. Have a look here :-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?131523-Happy-New-Org!

trix
11-Jan-11, 21:32
some people are choost no happy, unless thur no happy :lol: :Razz