PDA

View Full Version : Estate Agents?

The Doctor
07-Jan-11, 22:07
Looking to sell a 2 bedroomed property in Thurso. Have listed it on the Property For sale section, but considering using an agent.

Looking for a recommendation. Any good ones, or should we just sell it ourselves? (already have a solicitor, so just looking for a selling agent).

Thank you

locini
08-Jan-11, 10:03
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?129865-www.highlandhomesales.com

The Doctor
08-Jan-11, 12:57
Thanks. That's a great idea. Will definately list, but will need to get a home report done first.

locini
08-Jan-11, 13:53
its 100% free for the next 25 propertys too so win win

neepnipper
10-Jan-11, 22:23
its 100% free for the next 25 propertys too so win win

Just listed my house and it looks great! Make the most of the free offer, well worth doing!

Martin England
24-Jan-11, 13:31
I certainly wouldn't recommend Young Robertson they are the only ones not to have a website
They charge you £25 a month to be on the CSPC site. If you decide not to keep paying £25 a month to keep on the CSPC site they DON'T MARKET YOUR PROPERTY !!!!!

We at the moment have our house up with them, and we have decided to take it off the CSPC site over Christmas. Our house has been on the market for nearly a year and £25 a month adds up.

We were shocked today when a friend sent us a email they got from Young Robinsons. They requested details of properties in the area and Young Robinsons didn't include ours. This is a copy of the email from them.

" Thank you for your e-mail. We are currently marketing several 3 bed semi detached properties in Caithness, do you have any town or rural area in mind? You can view full particulars of houses we are selling at www.caithnessproperty.co.uk (mhtml:{BF4285FE-16D3-43C7-BA38-3F4A9DBE2EEB}mid://00000135/!x-usc:http://www.caithnessproperty.co.uk/) If you would like a monthly newspaper covering the area please provide me with your postal address and I will forward same to you."

So unless you are local and call in person our house is no longer marketed with them, unless we pay and keep paying £25 per month till sold

muffin
24-Jan-11, 13:46
Before we moved up here I e-mailed Young Robertson asking for some details and I received nothing back.

Beat Bug
24-Jan-11, 14:24
Thanks. That's a great idea. Will definately list, but will need to get a home report done first.
I thought the home reports had been done away with?

cherokee
24-Jan-11, 18:17
Georgeson Solicitors, Bridge Street, Wick ............

They go back on their word and are certainly not to be trusted, even our own solicitor was utterly flabbergasted by the way they treated us !!! ( I'm talking through a first-hand personal and devastating experience by them) [evil][evil]

davem
24-Jan-11, 20:21
I used Young Robertson, had thought about doing it myself or with a fixed price outfit. So glad I did, I am friends with some of the workers there but not those who did the marketing. Couldn't fault what they did, helped sell the house for a fair price and more than earned their fees, very reassuring in the advice they gave, especially with the inevitable chisellers.
They gave a good service and were fair, decent and honest in all their dealings. I was tempted to go elsewhere simply because people there were friends, very pleased I didn't.

ducati
24-Jan-11, 21:34
We bought our house after seeing it advertised privately on the Org. Drever and Heddle handled the conveyencing for the seller and it was a very smooth transaction with our solicitor in Edinburgh. We worried about not buying through a solicitor or estate agent but no probs at all.

molly
10-Feb-11, 16:42
If you are still looking for a home report before you sell your house, i would recommend http://www.ambersurvey.com. The Chartered Surveyor is very experienced and very reasonably priced. Also if you say that you found their details on caithness.org you will get an extra discount for this month only.

Norseman
24-Feb-11, 21:57
You should try Yvonne & Lorraine at Caithness Letting & Property Management they were telling me that they are marketing houses as well as letting them so should be able to give good rates:D

Leanne
24-Feb-11, 23:06

You don't have to have a home report done any more... If you do have one though it can be of benefit if someone is tied in love between a property with and without. And every bit of help is welcome in this economic climate.

My mother-in-law has just sold her house - 3 weeks after it was put on the market. I'd say the main thing she did to make the house more sellable was to remove all clutter and paint all walls magnolia. Houses seem to sell much easier with the 'blank canvas' effect :)

molly
24-Feb-11, 23:36
It is a legal requirement to have a Home Report before selling a house now, Leanne. Not sure about England though but definately in Scotland.

LPCOGIE
25-Feb-11, 11:54
As a Chartered Surveyor, I echo the above thread that a Home Report is required (and has been since December 2008) when marketing a property for sale in Scotland. The Home Information Pack duties that were in place in England and Wales were suspended in May 2010 (however I understand an EPC is still required), so perhaps that's where the confusion is coming from.