PDA

View Full Version : stopped smoking

speedy
07-Jan-11, 20:16
have stopped smoking and entered mey 10k as a insentive looking for help to which diet to use and training any one help
:confused

Bazeye
07-Jan-11, 20:26
have stopped smoking and entered mey 10k as a insentive looking for help to which diet to use and training any one help

With your username, why bother?

Tubthumper
07-Jan-11, 22:37
Good for you! Avoid the pies and chocs, check out www.mey10k.co.uk and go to the 'training' section. The programme there will do you just fine.

By the way, look forward to coughing up some serious nasties! I've been off them 5 years now and I still expel the odd bat's wing when I'm jogging.

jumbledrainbow
07-Jan-11, 22:42
have to say speedy 'as i know you' well done! delighted for you :D

I have a training programme for the castle of mey 10k as i know someone else who has entered it Il have a chat with you about it then!

Very proud!! lol

Take the training slowly at first though!

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-11, 22:46
Well done speedy for giving up the fags.

porshiepoo
07-Jan-11, 23:32
Well done for giving up the fags. Not something I've ever had to endure but if it's anything like trying to give up chocolate then you have my sympathies.
My daughter has also given up so well done her too.

As for the castle of Mey 10k there are really good training plans all over the net just google it. I use ones mainly from either Runners world website or Womens running.
Another bit of advice. Try to pre-run as much of the course as you can before the day. I didn't last year and I was not prepared for how hilly it is. I feel much better training for it this year knowing that I've already completed the course.

Good Luck!

P.S why not offer yourself up as a featured runner for the castle of mey? It's fun and just means sending them weekly blogs of your training which go on the website and in the paper. I was one last year and it gave me heaps of motivation and loads of support.

.D.
07-Jan-11, 23:58
Plenty of fruit & veg for energy & vitamins, also nuts & fibre's (cereals, wholemeal bread etc.) for energy, proteins & essential fats.

& you can't drink enough water...

oldmarine
08-Jan-11, 18:47

speedy: Good for you. I stopped smoking years ago after I returned from the Pacific War during WW2. As a result I have good lungs. That helped me when I developed a heart condition along with diabetes. So far I have lived past age 85 years.

ciderally
08-Jan-11, 20:34
well done for stopping the fags...I am reaching 2 years smoke free....I am so glad I managed to do it...one day at a time