PDA

View Full Version : Quiz on this Sunday at 8.30pm

Ricco
19-Aug-06, 16:25
This week's quiz will start at 8.30pm - hope to see you all there for the usual fun and laughs.

canuck
21-Aug-06, 03:59
Ricco, it was a most enjoyable and educational quiz. I still have no idea what 10cc is/was, but I got some points for it.

The big winner was zappster.

We had some first timers. I hope that they enjoyed themselves and that they will return.

willz320
21-Aug-06, 08:36
So does this quiz run every week?

Ricco
21-Aug-06, 08:51
So does this quiz run every week?

Hi, Willz320

It does indeed. The time varies but is usually 8.30pm. The norm is for the winner to do the next quiz but this is negotiable. See you at the next one. :)

Ricco
21-Aug-06, 08:54
Ricco, it was a most enjoyable and educational quiz. I still have no idea what 10cc is/was, but I got some points for it.

The big winner was zappster.

We had some first timers. I hope that they enjoyed themselves and that they will return.

Thank you for your kind comments, Canuck.

10cc were a very good band in the late 60s early 70s. I am sure you can find a track or two of theirs on the 'net to listen to.

Ricco

DrSzin
21-Aug-06, 10:02
10cc were a very good band in the late 60s early 70s.You're a bit early there Ricco. The original 10cc lineup of Godley, Creme, Stewart & Gouldman were together between 70(ish) and 76, and they were "famous" between 72 and 76. Stewart & Gouldman carried on as 10cc for some years after Godley & Creme left.

I was a 10cc fan, but I had a friend who was a 10cc obsessive. We saw them in Edinburgh circa 1976 - I think.

I couldn't make last night's quiz - sorry.

Bobinovich
27-Aug-06, 11:54
I've meant to pop into the quiz on numerous occasions but have always forgotten. I managed to arrive just before the 2nd half last week and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Initially I simply interjected on one answer - Patrick Stewart's catch phrase from Start Trek: The Next Generation - and ended up taking part in the remainder of the quiz!!!

Congratulations to Ricco for some good questions and I hope I remember to pop in again tonight - and yes my memory is REALLY that short that I may well forget!!! :lol:

highlander
27-Aug-06, 13:50
Zappster has asked me to do the quiz for him tonight, as he is unable to do it this week, doors will be open at 9pm. lol