PDA

View Full Version : new dog groomers

hez4
19-Aug-06, 13:48
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has put their dogs to the new grooming parlour in Wick yet? Any comments - good or bad!!:lol:

changilass
19-Aug-06, 17:30
The new dog groomers in Wick is great. Took my 2 newfies and she did a fantastic job of them.

Extra praise, as my oldest Newf had been barred from another groomer when he unfortunately knocked them over. He is a rescue dog and just prior to coming to us had to be put under in order to seperate his tail from his 2 back legs, hence him not liking to be groomed, especially in that area.

The lady in wick was given all the facts and agreed to groom him as long as we were present. She has a lot of patience and a very good understanding of doggy behaviour (she breeds and shows her own dogs).

We have already booked them both in for their next visit:D

loo-b-loo
04-Sep-06, 16:51
Can you let me know where the grooming parlour in Wick Is?

Thanks

changilass
04-Sep-06, 17:11
Grooming parlour is on the wick airport industrial estate

Tyke
04-Sep-06, 17:43
The new dog groomers in Wick is great. Took my 2 newfies and she did a fantastic job of them.

Extra praise, as my oldest Newf had been barred from another groomer when he unfortunately knocked them over. He is a rescue dog and just prior to coming to us had to be put under in order to seperate his tail from his 2 back legs, hence him not liking to be groomed, especially in that area.

The lady in wick was given all the facts and agreed to groom him as long as we were present. She has a lot of patience and a very good understanding of doggy behaviour (she breeds and shows her own dogs).

We have already booked them both in for their next visit:D

Paula from Pampered Pets warned the new groomer not to groom your dog unless both of the owners were present. I 'm glad you did, just a shame you didn't give Paula the same condsidration.

sharon
04-Sep-06, 18:25
I have been using pampered pets for 10 years, and I have to say Paula has a lot of patients as she used to hand strip our first shih-Tzu for 5 hours and not charge any extra. And our Shih-Tzu now, she’s a bit touchy about getting her hind legs touched, but I think she allows Paula to groom her with out many problems…. :roll:

Liz
08-Sep-06, 14:07
Have also been putting my Shelties to Paula for many years and she makes a great job and is so good with them.

Benjy,my present Sheltie, hates being groomed but Paula is so good with him and he is always so happy and proud to show off his beautiful newly groomed coat!:lol:

RJM
08-Sep-06, 16:37
Who is it that does the dog grooming in the new parlour? Paula is fantastic, but since moving to Dunbeath, its not so handy at all.

Tyke
09-Sep-06, 14:55
Who is it that does the dog grooming in the new parlour? Paula is fantastic, but since moving to Dunbeath, its not so handy at all.

Paula operates a comprehensive collection and delivery service at cost and of course you get a day's break whilst your dog is getting pampered.

flash
10-Sep-06, 14:24
Well impressed with the new groomer in Wick. Nothing wrong with Paula in Dunbeath, new place more convenient for me.

Jenni
11-Sep-06, 13:36
My westie was groomed yesterday by Paula at Dunbeath. I have no idea how well my dog behaves but Paula never complains and always makes an excellent job.
I agree the distance is not so handy but I have learnt from experience to put up with it. When Paula first moved to Dunbeath, I admit I took my dog to a dog groomer closer to home (not the one in Wick) but I was not impressed at all. The dog did not look professionally groomed, her nails didn't get cut and the dog groomer did not have a very dog friendly manner (in my opinion). Plus she was more expensive and unless you agreed to go every 2 months, you had to pay £5 extra. I ate humble pie and went back to Paula and luckily she was as pleasant as ever, even though I admitted having tried the other groomer. I for one would not want to chance trying another groomer again. My motto is, if your happy why change. I know all new commers deserve a chance but I am completely happy with Paula and I think my dog is too.

changilass
11-Sep-06, 14:16
I would just like to point out that this thread was started by someone asking about the new dog groomers in wick, as I had been and felt happy, I replied.

At no point did I ever say that I wasn't happy with Paula, in fact I specifically didn't mention any names (there is more than one groomer in the county)

I was always really happy with Paula, and the added benefit of benefit of being able to put the dogs to the kennels (when going away on holiday) to come back to a proffesionally groomed dog, was for me a great benefit.

The new groomers in Wick, explained to me the advice given by Paula and I was happy to go along. I never thought to offer to go when Paula groomed the boys, I wish I had.

doyle
21-Sep-06, 11:29
Could someone give me the phone number for the new dog groomer in Wick please. I have never taken my dogs to a grooming parlour before but feel my Beardie could do with a makeover. I have bathed her in the past but it was hard work! Don't want to have to do it again unless I really have to!

Liz
21-Sep-06, 18:50
Their no is Wick 603244
:D

doyle
21-Sep-06, 20:09
Thanks changilass and Liz. Have one of my dogs booked in for shampoo and set beginning of October. :grin: