PDA

View Full Version : Road condition to wick

dachs4
06-Jan-11, 14:03
CAN anyone tell me the road conditions through to wick via Watten.Have to travel through tonight and wont be returning until about 9pm bit worried i have not driven in this conditions before

The Angel Of Death
06-Jan-11, 14:09
Came up there this morning back of 10 ish roads were fine slippy in patches nothing major though

Just take your time and dont rush it and you'll be fine barring a massive dumping of the white stuff

dachs4
06-Jan-11, 14:24
cheers, thankyou

pink
06-Jan-11, 15:27
Not long back myself . Road is very slippy and very white but as been said take your time and all is good

Tugmistress
07-Jan-11, 08:05
Went out from thurso to just this sideo f watten yesterday about 4pm, saw one plough/gritter his plough was just polishing the road surface ice and no grit or salt or whatever coming from the back of him, 35mph was all i was happy doing and i could still feel the odd slip :(

chaz
07-Jan-11, 09:51
It was very slippy last night we were out on thurso/watten road about 8ish bit like an ice rink

lindsaymcc
07-Jan-11, 13:18
How is it today? We need to get out to Wick to collect an order from Boots, but dont really want to risk it if it is still bad?!

The Angel Of Death
07-Jan-11, 14:17
Fine this morning if not slightly better than yesterday / last night

crashbandicoot1979
07-Jan-11, 14:25
Not sure about the Watten road but the road via castletown is fine, if that helps. A couple of white patches but nothing major.

lindsaymcc
07-Jan-11, 14:49
Excellent, thanks. Might venture out this afternoon then, if not will be tomorrow for definite.