PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons heating oil

Solus
06-Jan-11, 12:43
Why have Simpson oil's suddenly changed their policy on ordering fuel ? Been with them now for well over 2 years, ordering when needed and let the direct debit take care of it. On the odd occasion the DD's needed to be adjusted to fall in line with usage and that was understandable. I went to order today , admittedly earlier than I would due to the cold spell we are experiencing and has informed that "thier policy at the moment is to have accounts paid off in full before another order is placed".

In the past it all fell into place nicely, the debits covered my usage before the next order or as near as possible. When they decided to change their system it would have been nice to have been notified and not get a unexpected shock. What will they do come spring/ summer when my usage is almost nil for that period ? If I was able to get a refill this month I doubt if i would have had to order again until after the summer.

If it was a credit account before, why all of a sudden has it become a budget account.

bagpuss
06-Jan-11, 12:57
I'd expect to see much more of this sort of thing in Caithness.

In London the heating oil has to be paid in full up front- and not by credit card either

(the reason for the winter fuel payment- which meant that pensioners didn't die of hypothermia)

Local businesses in Caithness used to always be considerate to the people who used them- now all you need to do is get Tesco to deliver your heating oil(lol)- or start wearing lots of woolly pullies

annemarie482
06-Jan-11, 13:18
when we buy oil we pay the full amount in cash within the month we recieve the oil.
i've been waiting to get oil since before xmas and kept being told to phone back in the new year.
i phoned 2 days ago and will get delivery of my oil next week.
money was not even mentioned :)

also we were told when we started getting oil (new bungalow 1 1/2 ago) that each delivery had to be paid before the next one could be recieved.

telfordstar
06-Jan-11, 15:24
Maybe Simpson's oils has been having bother with folk not paying at all which has spoilt it for the rest of you using the direct debits. Just a theory. Me personally pay for my gas as I use it :)