PDA

View Full Version : Baby classes

caithnesszip
06-Jan-11, 02:15
Hi all just looking for some information!?!?!
i ve a 6 week old baby and im looking for classes or groups in the thurso area for baby and mother to go to meet new people etc as i work away.
thank you

Vistravi
06-Jan-11, 16:26
Hi

There is a baby class that the local swimming pool in thurso run. It's really good for the kids and all the parents are really friendly. I take my 8 month old son there and he has been going since he was 4 months old.

Atm you wouldn't be able to take your baby to this class as for the class the pool like them to be at least 4 months old. But you can deifntly take your baby swimming yourself. I started taking my son as soon as he could hold his head up. He loves swimming and is always trying to swim like he sees us doing as soon as he gets in the pool. I think its one of the best things you can do for your child espcilly when they love the water. Sami loves it so much that he was chosen for a demonstration by the instructor! He's now got his first certificates and has come on so much since he started.

sally75
07-Jan-11, 00:12
I run Sing and Sign classes for babies 6mths plus.
Feel free to PM me for further info, or take a look at our website www.singandsign.co.uk (http://www.singandsign.co.uk)
Next class in Thurso starts 19th January, although the April term may suit you better.
Congratulations on your new arrival :)

Sally x

caithnesszip
07-Jan-11, 01:47
thanks sally ive pm you

kgs
12-Jan-11, 12:21
Play Away Music Classes.

See entry in recommendations for contact details. They are suitable from any age. My little one goes and really enjoys them.

Dadie
12-Jan-11, 12:30
There is all the mother and toddler groups as well.
Its a chance to meet up with some other mums and have a chat and a cuppa!
They should be up and running again this week or next.

patrick_boo
13-Jan-11, 14:24
Don't know whereabouts you are but we do parent and baby swimming every Tuesday morning at 11:30 at the Bettyhill pool. It's lovely and warm and you get to meet lots of other mums. Our sessions are tailored so once the child gains basic skills in the water we go to water confidence and then onto the basics of swimming. We have a lot of little swimmers who come from being a baby, right through nursery and can swim unaided by the time they start in school. A recent Scandinavian study also found that children who have regular structured sessions in the pool by far outperform their peers in balance and manual dexterity at age five.

Obviously if it's too far to come every week feel free to bring your baby over to see us any time, the water is always above 30 degrees and it's a cosy, friendly atmosphere for babies.

gingernut
13-Jan-11, 23:16
Very nice mum and baby group at Thurso Baptist Church Fridays 1.30-3pm

Also if you call at reception of Thurso Community Health Centre next to library they will give you a list of local mum/baby/toddler groups with time and venue :D

macgee
14-Jan-11, 10:26
I 2nd the baby group at the baptist church it was great when my first baby was small, I made a few friends there as I was new to the area. Also your HV should be running a baby massage class at some point, they are held at the Thurso Community Health Centre. Wednesday afternoons there is a story and song time in the Thurso library from 2pm, I started taking DS1 when he was just a couple of months old. We also go to the play away music classes and I would highly recommend them.
xx