PDA

View Full Version : snow AGAIN

celtic lass
05-Jan-11, 09:55
cant believe we have snow again,i think weve seen enough to last us a few yrs :~(

chaz
05-Jan-11, 10:23
It almost seems strange to have seen black roads and grass for the brief period we did xx

annemarie482
05-Jan-11, 11:11
i've just been told, by my 4 year old son,to put the xmas tree back up!
he said i was "too quick" putting it away because the snow back! :lol:

orkneycadian
05-Jan-11, 11:24
You were also a bit quick in putting it away before the end of Christmas! Its the 12th day today, so tonights the night for taking the decorations down!

chaz
05-Jan-11, 11:26
I thought tomorow was the 12th day according to calender

orkneycadian
05-Jan-11, 11:28
According to my fingers, if the 25th is the 1st day, then the 5th of January is the 12th day!

The Music Monster
05-Jan-11, 11:36
Tomorrow is twelfth night which unfortunately means all our decorations come down! I'm such a big kid, I love having them up, and I love the snow too!!!

chaz
05-Jan-11, 11:39
I thought it was tomorrow also but then thought id miss calculated or bought a rubbish calender lol

orkneycadian
05-Jan-11, 11:42
From the Wiki-paedia entry for the Twelve Days of Christmas.....

"The Twelve Days of Christmas are the festive days beginning Christmas Day (25 December). This period is also known as Christmastide. The Twelfth Day of Christmas is 5 January, with the celebrations of Christmas traditionally ending on Twelfth Night. Twelfth Night is followed by the Feast of the Epiphany on 6 January.

chaz
05-Jan-11, 11:50
lol now i realise both my calenders have the wrong day, thanks to the expert.

Gronnuck
05-Jan-11, 12:33
cant believe we have snow again,i think weve seen enough to last us a few yrs :~(

I'm wearing a 3 in 1 winter jacket, a snugly wound scarf, hiking boots, thick gloves and a very silly hat because Carol Kirkwood said there would be lots of snow in Caithness today,:eek:. There's no snow in Scarfskerry and I’m worried about early-onset heat exhaustion. I think I'll take my silly hat off, :D.

Dog-eared
05-Jan-11, 14:06
Snow? In January ? In Caithness ? Never.............

Mystical Potato Head
05-Jan-11, 14:49
From the Wiki-paedia entry for the Twelve Days of Christmas.....

"The Twelve Days of Christmas are the festive days beginning Christmas Day (25 December). This period is also known as Christmastide. The Twelfth Day of Christmas is 5 January, with the celebrations of Christmas traditionally ending on Twelfth Night. Twelfth Night is followed by the Feast of the Epiphany on 6 January.

Most folk in our street took them down on Monday...does it really matter? Just seems a bit pedantic to me.

jings00
05-Jan-11, 14:52
LOL i didn't have any decorations or a tree so nothing to take down :-)

annemarie482
05-Jan-11, 14:53
what have i started........lol

ShelleyCowie
05-Jan-11, 14:57
took mine down 3 days after christmas....Does it really matter? Im sure santa wont condem me for taking them down early! Need the space

As for the snow.........GO AWAY!

chaz
05-Jan-11, 14:58
I need the space also got a new sofa and trees that big( thanks to local farmer) it takes up most the room lol
so mines coming down today, hope santa doesnt mind.

silverlady
05-Jan-11, 16:03
According to my fingers, if the 25th is the 1st day, then the 5th of January is the 12th day!

LOL, I have just been counting my fingers too!!! Does seem to be today right enough.....oop..tree still up!

purplelady
05-Jan-11, 23:20
took mine down on on had enough of xmas lol xxxxx

George Brims
06-Jan-11, 00:07
I took ours down on Tuesday the 4th because that's bin night! If I'd waited for next week there would have been no needles left at all.

Blarney
06-Jan-11, 00:26
Know exactly what you mean George. Took ours down tonight and there was honestly more needles on the floor than there was left on the tree! The vacuum was worse than useless with the piles of needles so I had to use a stiff brush to lift the worst of it before vacuuming. There was a trail of devastation through the lounge, hall and porch but it was eventually cleared up.
Why then am I still finding needles in bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen................. Next year we're having artificial:mad:

oldmarine
06-Jan-11, 00:33

Seems to me that you people are getting more snow than I can remember for that area of caithness.

Vistravi
06-Jan-11, 01:08
As much as its a horrible thought, we could be heading back to the amount of snow the area used to get a few decades ago where the snow was so deep you had to dig the steam trains out.

annemarie482
06-Jan-11, 01:40
well i did read somewhere that the weather runs roughly in a 30 year cycle from bad to mild and back, and that we are just entering the bad spell again.
could be true?!