PDA

View Full Version : the night sky

Mr P Cannop
04-Jan-11, 17:46
if the cloud stays away should be a few things to see tonight and tommorrow night should be good

ducati
04-Jan-11, 20:17
An excellent programme on last night and tonight on BBC2 at 8.00

_Ju_
04-Jan-11, 21:28
It is a show on many nights. I remember when I saw the milky way and understanding why it was so called for the first time. :)

Gizmo
04-Jan-11, 21:53
An excellent programme on last night and tonight on BBC2 at 8.00

Professor Brian Cox is my supernerd superhero, he makes everything about science and physics so engaging.

Liz
04-Jan-11, 23:27
Professor Brian Cox is my supernerd superhero, he makes everything about science and physics so engaging.

He certainly does and tells it in a way we can understand.

Kevin Milkins
05-Jan-11, 01:39
We went out to Bilbster forest to get away from the light pollution and it was crystal clear with plenty of stars on show, but none of them doing much shooting tonight.

Kenn
05-Jan-11, 01:57
Have been looking out too but not a meteroid in sight but could see The Andromeda Nebula.

orkneycadian
05-Jan-11, 10:49
Was out last night about 9pm and there were a few shooting stars in the Milky Way, almost right overhead.

Dog-eared
05-Jan-11, 14:32
if the cloud stays away should be a few things to see tonight and tommorrow night should be good

Which things ? Cheers.

Mr P Cannop
05-Jan-11, 15:03
Which things ? Cheers.

eg stars and planets

Mr P Cannop
05-Jan-11, 19:33
does not look to good just now with the clouds and rain but you never know it might clear later

Dog-eared
05-Jan-11, 20:40
eg stars and planets

Aye, very good. :roll:

Your post seemed to suggest that there might be something specific happening.

It was nice and clear last night before it got patchy cloud cover.

Mr P Cannop
05-Jan-11, 21:12
there is meant to be loads of Meteor showers tonight if the cloud clears

Ricco
05-Jan-11, 21:13
Been watching this every night - really enjoyable. Now I want a telescope that I can use to take pictures. Hmmm - Santa!