PDA

View Full Version : Found RABBIT

unicorn
04-Jan-11, 16:57
I have had a rabbit given to me today that has been found.
I have contacted the vet and Balmore, it has not been reported missing.
I have it here, if anyone knows anyone in the Thurso area who has lost a rabbit please contact me with a description.
Picture added

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/unicorn111/bunny5.jpg

unicorn
04-Jan-11, 19:33
The rabbit was found last night, I am hoping that someone will notice their pet missing at feeding time.

unicorn
04-Jan-11, 21:42
Someone must be missing this rabbit :(

hell raizer
04-Jan-11, 21:55
no luck yet unicorn, very strange indeed

unicorn
04-Jan-11, 22:07
none at all...... :(

Liz
04-Jan-11, 23:24
What a shame.:~( Well done for taking care of the wee mite.

hell raizer
04-Jan-11, 23:25
surely someone must know there missing a rabbit

unicorn
04-Jan-11, 23:30
It is in a large cage in my sitting room, watching tv and eyeing up the cat, I cannot believe that nobody is looking for this bunny.

chaz
04-Jan-11, 23:36
Its unreal no one has missed it !!
Bet its a happy bunny just now being well cared for and staying up late watching tv :)

hell raizer
05-Jan-11, 00:00
if i didn't have 3 dogs and a cat i'd be tempted to have the bunny ........it's a beauty, daughter don't go getting ideas your step dad says we've got enough on our hands. lol

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 00:02
I am truly hoping that someone comes forward, surely to goodness it is an escapee.

hell raizer
05-Jan-11, 00:07
i hope no one set it free as it wouldn't have survived, it's a wonder a fox never got it.

Dadie
05-Jan-11, 00:46
Someone must have let it out or it escaped somehow (feasible with the flimsy hutches on sale now) but for it not to be noticed...uhhu ..dont think so..!
HOPE IT GETS A GOOD HOME SOON!

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 00:50
I am still keeping everything crossed that maybe the owners are away or maybe the kids feed it and just have not noticed with it being dark early that bunny is not in it's bed. I am so full of faith that this is an escapee :)

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 10:16
Well bunny is tucking into breakfast, here is hoping that today is it's lucky day :)

chaz
05-Jan-11, 10:22
Maybe it will be missed now its breakfast time, fingers crossed xx

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 10:30
Thank god it was found before this weather turn though. It would never have survived otherwise.

chaz
05-Jan-11, 10:36
No it wouldnt have stood a chance in this, a lucky bunny to be in a safe place till its sorted out. If it was dumped thats awful but then some people are. Its quite easy to put a post on here or notice in a shop to try to rehome rather than just let it go.
But it still could quite easily have escaped and no one has noticed yet.

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 13:08
I rehomed 2 dumped rabbits last year that had been dumped in the snow at loch Watten, they were not in good shape at all.
This rabbit is in very good physical condition and has obviously been loved and cared for.

Sarah
05-Jan-11, 15:00
It's amazing how many rabbits just get dumped, people think its OK because there are wild rabbits, but have no idea that pet ones aren't often able to survive the wild!

Could this bunny have been dumped to make way for a Christmas present? Maybe its been living wild for a while, or maybe there was a new one so this one got turfed out.

I do hope I am wrong through and you can find its home/owner. Do you have a photo of it? Maybe posting it on here might help identify it.

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 15:15
I would rather wait a bit before posting a photo or description.
I am aware how many rabbits get dumped annually and am also aware of how they normally look and behave, this rabbit just does not fit that mold though.
It is very strange.

Bradcon
05-Jan-11, 16:17
This is terrible. Someone must be missing their pet. Hope its owners are found soon. Its got a good home in the meantime.

chaz
05-Jan-11, 20:10
Anymore news on rabbits owner or is it getting to watch tv again xx

unicorn
05-Jan-11, 20:40
Nothing, not a word, it is not looking good at all. Maybe I have too much faith in people.
I may try to get a picture later to see if anyone recognises her.
She should have been missed by now.
I am of the belief that she has probably been a house rabbit due to the condition her nails were in and the fact that her feet were so very clean, either that or she was cleaned out every night. That is why I was so convinced that someone had to be missing her.

chaz
05-Jan-11, 20:49
Thats really strange , a picture may help jog someones memory if they have seen her befor. Hope she gets sorted soon xx

chaz
06-Jan-11, 09:55
Morning, any news yet ? x

unicorn
06-Jan-11, 10:02
Nothing chaz, just too sad really. :(

chaz
06-Jan-11, 10:13
That is sad i know that if even the smallest of our pets went missing i would be frantic! Do you think she could have been an unwanted christmas gift from pah or somewhere? xx

unicorn
06-Jan-11, 10:53
I am actually wondering if she has been a houserabbit and has become territorial, Does will get territorial in a hutch a few times a year and you just have to stand up to them and not pull your hand away when they lunge while telling them no, a lot like a dog.
It is an easily resolved problem and I really hope someone would not just dump her outdoors instead of asking for advice.
I could be wrong but it is a known issue with does.
The simplest solution is obviously neutering, but it can be overcome with a bit of nerve holding and in extreme cases a spray bottle.

Sarah
06-Jan-11, 15:23
Gosh she is beautiful! Very pretty bunny, can't believe anyone could have abandonned her (if that is the case). Hopefully you can find her a nice home :)

Phoenix200416
06-Jan-11, 18:23
Awww such a shame! She is a beautiful rabbit! Have you put up posters or anything to say a rabbit has been found? I know I am stating the obvious there. Possible as she was in such good condition that she is missed, they just don't know about the org? I am forever hopeful that this isn't a dumping case! Keeping my fingers crossed!

unicorn
06-Jan-11, 18:36
I have not put up posters, but the vets and Balmore are aware also and nobody has reported her missing to either.

chaz
06-Jan-11, 19:22
I do hope she finds either her old home or a great new one, now if she was a mouse i would be first to ask :) Nothing against rabbits but the 5 cats may torment it to death and its not so easy to put in zaras room lol xx

unicorn
06-Jan-11, 21:03
Well I have let her out to run about in the sitting room tonight and she is having no issues on the laminate which tells me she is used to it as my rabbits who are not really struggle on laminate flooring.