PDA

View Full Version : Pet supplements

cuddlepop
04-Jan-11, 15:28
Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pet supplement for arthritis in dogs?.

There are so many too choose from,with basically the same ingredients its difficult to choose.:confused

gollach
04-Jan-11, 18:20
My old lab has been on these ones for four years now.

http://www.vetvits.co.uk/dog-supplements/flexi-joints-for-dogs/productdetail-p15875-c1786997.aspx

They do a monthly reorder service now, so I don't have to worry about forgetting to order in time. Best of all, the dog loves them. It's really hard to get him to take other tablets, like worming ones.

cuddlepop
04-Jan-11, 20:36
They look good but found it a nightmare to try and register on the web site so have been timed out for tonight.

Why cant you just place an order without registering.
It never fails to "bug" me.:roll:

Thanks gollach.:D

Hogfather
05-Jan-11, 13:33
We use the same company for one of our girls, we just order by phone :D

Have you thought about using 'human' glucosamine/chondroitin? (Check with your vet first, but I know a couple of people who use these and 'human' cod liver oil for their old dogs)

Tyke
05-Jan-11, 14:49
Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pet supplement for arthritis in dogs?.

There are so many too choose from,with basically the same ingredients its difficult to choose.:confused

See the recent thread on Cortaflex. My two eldest are now using it and the difference it has made is superb. Highly recommended and economical too.

cuddlepop
05-Jan-11, 17:58
I've heard Cortaflex is good but its expensive when you consider you can get similar ingredients for far less money.

joe
06-Jan-11, 16:40
Got my dog Freedom Coller think based in Perth,did wonders and seen big diffrance when he did not wear it.

Liz
06-Jan-11, 20:47
Got my dog Freedom Coller think based in Perth,did wonders and seen big diffrance when he did not wear it.

My dog Benjy wears this as well and it does help. Cuddlepop, as you know, I used magnetic collars but these seem to work better.

I give Benjy a supplement called Mobilise which you get from www.arthritis-help-for-pets.co.uk (http://www.arthritis-help-for-pets.co.uk) but there are lots of supplements which can be quite confusing. I know that many people swear by Green Lipped Mussel and this is inexpensive.
It may be a case of trying different things to see what is best.