PDA

View Full Version : Coal Merchants in Wick

_Ju_
04-Jan-11, 14:03
Does anyone know of who else sells coal for heating other than McEwans in Wick. They are on holiday until the 10th of January. While I was carefull to plan to cover Christmas and New Year, I was not aware of this extended holiday period. I think I might have enough, but it is a very close call and do not want to spend the weekend cold.
For those who tend to jump on threads like this, I have googled coal merchants for the area and the other two nearest that came up were from Lybster and Thurso, thank you.

Kodiak
04-Jan-11, 14:22
About 3 weeks ago I was in Tesco's Petrol Station paying for my fuel and a person in front of me was buying a bag of coal. So it might be worth giving them a phone to see if they have any if you start to run out.

_Ju_
04-Jan-11, 16:46
About 3 weeks ago I was in Tesco's Petrol Station paying for my fuel and a person in front of me was buying a bag of coal. So it might be worth giving them a phone to see if they have any if you start to run out.

Thank you Kodiak. I certainly will pop by there. :-)

suth13
04-Jan-11, 16:56
Hillhead food store sell coal.

cherokee
04-Jan-11, 22:01
For those who tend to jump on threads like this, I have googled coal merchants for the area and the other two nearest that came up were from Lybster and Thurso, thank you.

So sad Ju, that you have to post such a (true) statement as this :(!! I really hope that you are able to find somewhere that sells coal and that you don't have to do without !!

Thinking of you :).....please let us know if you're OK?

orkneycadian
05-Jan-11, 23:01
Or you could be patriotic and burn some Caithness peat?