PDA

View Full Version : Pete Postlethwaite dies

Green_not_greed
04-Jan-11, 00:45
Tragic - and only 64, but cancer can get you at any age.

I thought this guy was a great actor, and really admired him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12106753

Such a loss

GNG

Kevin Milkins
04-Jan-11, 01:38
I'm very sad to hear that news. I met him about eight years ago when my wife sold her motorbike to his next door neighbour at Little Stretton in Shropshire.

I delivered the bike and was introduced to him, but only just recognised him as a "man off the telly", but it was only after that introduction did I notice him in just about everything that came on the telly. What a remarkable and diverse actor he was.RIP.

Kodiak
04-Jan-11, 12:42
Pete Postlethwaite's death will not only be a great loss to the acting profession but to the whole humman race.

Requiescat in pace (RIP) Pete Postlethwaite.

annemarie482
04-Jan-11, 13:01
this man was an amazing actor,
it shames me to say,although i had seen him in so many things, when put on the spot yesterday i couldn't name one thing he'd been in :(

so as a gentle reminder to those like me check out the link below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Postlethwaite

Mik.M.
04-Jan-11, 13:15
One of our truely great actors. I remember him in a little film called "Brassed Off" absoloutly brilliant.He will be sadly missed :cry:

TudorRose
04-Jan-11, 20:53
Tragic - and only 64, but cancer can get you at any age.

I thought this guy was a great actor, and really admired him.

Such a loss

GNG

I have to agree with you. Very upset to hear the news of his death. He was a very talented actor, I would use the description of 'an actors actor' to describe his talent.

From all I have read about him personally, he was very unassuming, but I suppose the expression 'the people who have something to boast about, never do' would aptly apply to Pete Postlethwaite.

I loved him in the film 'Brassed Off', he was brilliant and having family who were miners made the film extra special to me. He was also good when he appeared in 'Sharpe', Jurassic Park and in fact any film he appeared in. I always knew if a film had Pete Postlethwaite in it, it would be good.

RIP Pete Postlethwaite and may the heavens enjoy your talent. My thoughts and prayers are not only for you, but your wife and children too.