PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting for packages!

Thursolass
03-Jan-11, 21:02
Is anyone on the US side of the Atlantic still waiting for packages from the UK?

My mother sent me four parcels from Thurso, two in November and two in December. One was mailed on the 17th of November and it arrived here in VA on the 27th of December, along with the second one which was mailed on the 24th of November. Both parcels cost her 22 pounds each to mail and that was supposed to be air mail. I got the one that she mailed on the 13th of December, it came in 10 days. So now I am still waiting on the last one, mailed on the 8th of December amd still no sign. You would think that spending almost 20 pounds per parcel to mail, it would arrive in decent time. I have never had parcels be this late in the 24 years I've been over here.

I just wanted to rant a little and ask if anyone else here in the US is having similar issues? At least I got the package with the Rich Tea and Digestives in it, now i can have something to go with my tea!

David from Stockport
03-Jan-11, 21:22
I sent a package (lge envelope) from England on 18th Nov and it arrived in New York on 19th Dec , by which time id already re-sent the items thinking they must have been lost in the post -I resent the items on 17th Dec and they still not arrived , also sent a small envelope from Stockport to Manchester (11 miles ) on 17th Dec and took 10 days . Im trying to get a small Online business off the ground selling greeting cards just as a second job and the Royal mail are useless but there is no alternative (yet) . Its very frustrating and completly out of our control .

cazmanian_minx
03-Jan-11, 21:34
There was a BIG problem with Royal Mail here on 7th and 8th December - I sent four sackfuls of mail from Melvich on the 8th (which goes via Thurso) and the earliest any of it got delivered (first class) was 18th December to Scottish addresses. The stuff going to England took a further 2-4 days, so it's entirely possible your parcel didn't leave the UK until 20-22nd December :(

Thursolass
03-Jan-11, 21:44
I know there was a weather problem on the UK side with no airports operating so no mail going out. Hopefully we will geit it this week, we're waiting for Christmas presents in this last one, my 2year old twin grandsons are waiting for their Milky Buttons from their great grandma in Thurso!

Gronnuck
04-Jan-11, 00:33
Is anyone on the US side of the Atlantic still waiting for packages from the UK?

Did the Eastern states have major snowfall recently that could have delayed the mail traffic? You might have noticed there was major disruption to many flights last month.

Have you considered the US Customs might be holding a backlog of mail for examination due to any backlog or incresed seasonal mail traffic? I know from my own experience the US Customs can get very tetchy under the guise of "homeland security"

I hope you get your mail soon.