PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

lauryn
03-Jan-11, 20:50
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me my horse has a small bubble on his neck that his hair has grown back over and i was wondering if anyone knew what it is?:D

Aaldtimer
04-Jan-11, 04:28
Without seeming to be alarming, I think this is a sign of tuberculosis in cattle...dunno about horses, but probably best checked out by a vet.:confused

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
04-Jan-11, 08:54
Without seeming to be alarming, I think this is a sign of tuberculosis in cattle...dunno about horses, but probably best checked out by a vet.:confused

Ehh without being alarming you are pretty alarming.

Could it be a fatty deposit ? How big is it and did the hair come out and grow back in or did the "bubble" just come up under skin / hair ?

_Ju_
04-Jan-11, 11:11
Cutaneous TB is very rare. It is not limited to one nodule and tends to appear on limbs first.
A horses neck is a pretty vast area with alot of structures beneath it. It sounds like it might be a lipoma ( benign fatty deposit).But look at it carefully, feel its shape, texture and if it is loose or attached to the surrounding tissues. Compare it's size to something so you can remeber how big it is to evaluate if it is growing ( for exampe: ping-pong ball, apple, grape, etc). If it worries you however, you need to talk to your vet. If you notice changes in it you have to talk to your vet.

lauryn
04-Jan-11, 18:36
It is a small round bubble that appeared but the hair did not fall out then grow back in

landy
05-Jan-11, 19:46
hi,my horse has one on his neck,it hasnt changed at all in years but if it grew or hair fell out i would get the vet.hope this helps.moniter it for a while and see if it changes then call the vet.good luck but dont panic