PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

Patsy
18-Aug-06, 16:11
I see Golach and DrSzin are now Moderators - Congrats!!! :D
I didn't realise Orgers could become Moderators until now - how exactly does it work? :cool:

Colin Manson
18-Aug-06, 16:25
They are only Chat room moderators at the moment. Once we've upgraded the forum then moderators will be able to use the new warning system that is included in vBulletin 3.6.

j4bberw0ck
18-Aug-06, 16:26
I didn't realise Orgers could become Moderators until now - how exactly does it work? :cool:
>>>>Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!! Don't ask!<<<< (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=12640&highlight=conspiracy)

Saveman
18-Aug-06, 16:31
Congrats guys! Does that mean we have to behave now?? ;)

Steinway
18-Aug-06, 16:39
:lol: Probably does!!! Many congrats to you, Doc and Golach!!

How about you Saveman? Aren't you going to be a Moderator as well?!

Saveman
18-Aug-06, 17:03
:lol: Probably does!!! Many congrats to you, Doc and Golach!!

How about you Saveman? Aren't you going to be a Moderator as well?!

I'm not half as sensible as Golach and the good Doc..... :p

Ricco
18-Aug-06, 17:51
There are a few other Moderators as well but I'll leave it to you to spot them. I'm not one, by the way. ;)

Kingetter
18-Aug-06, 17:53
Well congrats to those who have become

scorrie
18-Aug-06, 19:52

It's a bit like the Masons only with less goat involvement ;o)

DrSzin is pencilled in as Good Cop and Golach has reluctantly agreed to be Bad Cop. Bad news for my posts which cast questions about the benefit of ASDA locally.

pultneytooner
18-Aug-06, 19:58
It's a bit like the Masons only with less goat involvement ;o)

DrSzin is pencilled in as Good Cop and Golach has reluctantly agreed to be Bad Cop. Bad news for my posts which cast questions about the benefit of ASDA locally.
Maybe you're on the hitlist..........mwuhahahahaha.

golach
19-Aug-06, 01:56
Golach has reluctantly agreed to be Bad Cop. Bad news for my posts .
Sorry Scorrie, I am not as you have suggested, being a Mod has nothing to do with as you suggest, I am an ordinary guy, who shows an interest in CCWS, I am assumming your are jesting , so I will ignore the jibes at the good Doc and myself

dunderheed
19-Aug-06, 11:01
where are all these mods parking their scooters? i neede a new foxtail :Razz

krieve
19-Aug-06, 13:47
Congrats Dr Szin, Golach, Highlander, Sassylass,Htwood and any others! :D

changilass
19-Aug-06, 14:05
Not sure why everyone is congratulating the mods, they have been mods for ages, anyone who has been going in the chat for any length of time knows this.

Maybe its because now that the chat is linked with the boards more folk are using the chat.

Or is it simply that it has now come up under their names on the board.

Don't see any major changes myself, mods have always been there (chat room), I see tham as a safeguard and have never felt intimidated by their presence.

They are orgers, just like the rest of us:D

willowbankbear
19-Aug-06, 14:47
Maybe you're on the hitlist..........mwuhahahahaha.

I think Im on Golach, sorry G-Force(he`s got the power)hit list, He doesnt enjoy being told that his favourite football team are just not very good[lol]

DrSzin
19-Aug-06, 15:31
Not sure why everyone is congratulating the mods, they have been mods for ages, anyone who has been going in the chat for any length of time knows this.Not all have been chat-room mods for ages. This is a new thing for me.

Or is it simply that it has now come up under their names on the board.Yes, I think this is the reason.

Ricco
19-Aug-06, 15:46
Huh? Canuck's last post got zapped - must have been an example of G-force. LOL

changilass
19-Aug-06, 15:48
[quote=DrSzin]Not all have been chat-room mods for ages. This is a new thing for me.

Sorry Doc, congratulations to you.:D

canuck
19-Aug-06, 15:57
Huh? Canuck's last post got zapped - must have been an example of G-force. LOL

No, just responding to the request of a friend. The world will know if I ever get zapped, really zapped. I got caught up in some zappings a while back. That was not a pretty site.

htwood
19-Aug-06, 16:02
Gosh, I go away on hols and get promoted. Wish that would happen at work!

Ricco
19-Aug-06, 16:05
Congrats, htwood. Nice one.

Rheghead
19-Aug-06, 16:48
I thought the Org policy was to have anonymous mods so as to cut down on the time that Bill, Niall and Colin have to take to police the mayhem?:confused

Colin Manson
19-Aug-06, 17:05
I've already stated that these are only chat room moderators; they have no Mod options on the forum.

Anonymous mods didn't last for long, hopefully with the New infraction system we can have more regular Mods and a better system.

Feature is explained here.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/user_infractions_intro

scorrie
19-Aug-06, 19:52
Sorry Scorrie, I am not as you have suggested, being a Mod has nothing to do with as you suggest, I am an ordinary guy, who shows an interest in CCWS, I am assumming your are jesting , so I will ignore the jibes at the good Doc and myself

Aye, it is for humour only that I posted. However, I do remember a certain party, who is no longer with us, getting to you at least a little bit in the past. Sometimes it can be hard to remain neutral in that situation.

I think extra moderation help is valuable contribution to the board and not one without sacrifice. I know I couldn't contribute the time required, far less the neutrality LOL

Patsy
19-Aug-06, 23:48
They are only Chat room moderators at the moment. Once we've upgraded the forum then moderators will be able to use the new warning system that is included in vBulletin 3.6.

Ta for the explanation Admin and a huge big congrats to all those who are now Moderators :D :D

golach
20-Aug-06, 01:07
I've already stated that these are only chat room moderators; they have no Mod options on the forum.

Anonymous mods didn't last for long, hopefully with the New infraction system we can have more regular Mods and a better system.

Feature is explained here.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/user_infractions_intro
TY Colin are you gonna run courses to be a Mod, put me down for the anger management part [lol]

Kenn
20-Aug-06, 01:13
Ach golach ye were NIVER a mod an dinna tell me ye've still got ye'r Pork Pie hat and 50 vinyl copies o' The Who!
On a more serious note, many thanks to all those who put in so much effort to try and keep the chatroom and the message boards on ths straight and narrow.
It may not seem to be appreciated but it sure is.

squidge
20-Aug-06, 21:21
ooh do they get a hat each?

connieb19
20-Aug-06, 21:28
ooh do they get a hat each?Who's who though? :confused

http://www.sheffieldarc.org.uk/history/funny%20hats%201983.jpg

Tiger Jones
20-Aug-06, 21:52
Who's who though? :confused

http://www.sheffieldarc.org.uk/history/funny%20hats%201983.jpg"The Village People Tribute Band tried hard but they couldn't quite capture the look."