PDA

View Full Version : Dog First Aid Course

Tatbabe
03-Jan-11, 13:43
Am interested in attening a First Aid course for dogs.

Found a course provider who would come up to Thurso to facilitate if there are enough people attending. Am awaiting course details and fees which I will post here once I get them.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Tatbabe
04-Jan-11, 11:34
Details for the course
What would you do if there was an emergency situation with your dog?
Would you know how to deal with cut, broken bone, burns, shock, car accident, chocking, heatstroke, puncture to the dogs body’s, bits, drowning, etc.

Learn the skills needed to deal with your beloved pet, or someone else dog.
You may save a dog’s life using first aid.
Become a Canine first responder.
This first aid course is open to the dog loving and is also available to people working within the canine field such as Pet sitters, dog walkers, show dog owners, working dogs, trainers, dog handlers, behaviour consultants, kennel managers and assistants, collage students. Groomers, Breeders, Canine Clubs, Boarding, Rescue Facilities.
The course follows the same protocols vets would use if they were first on the scene of your canine emergency so you will be safe in the knowledge that you have done exactly what the vet would have done if he were on the scene first. We use the latest in audio visual technology to enhance the learning experience. You will get hands on practise with the latest canine CPR manikin and have fun at the same time. The course is delivered in a fun, relaxed, friendly environment conducive to learning.
You will learn how too:
Effective use of barriers
Safe scene assessment
Primary Assessment
Canine CPR and rescue breathing
Spinal Injury Management
Control of serious bleeding
Shock Management
Splinting for broken limbs
Choking Management
And more

This is a one day course and we will give you the tools needed to be prepared should that medical emergency happen with your beloved pet. Once you have completed The Canine First Responder Course you will be issued with an internationally recognised certificate valid for two years. (All good first aid courses should be refreshed every two years to keep up with protocol changes and keep your skills up to date).

The course will be held in Thurso (will need to find a venue once I know how many people want to attend)
The course fee depends on the number of people attending and will be between £50 and £60 which I think is well worth considering what you learn and that you will be able to provide first aid to your dog.

Please PM me if you are interested with the following information:

- your full name, address, email and phone number
- dates where you are not available

I will then send everybody a link to a website where you can state your availability.
The date where everyone and the course provider is available will then be circulated and a £10 deposit would be required to secure the booking.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hogfather
05-Jan-11, 13:41
I always wondered if there was a canine version of 'Annie'! :D

Can you tell me who the course provider is please?