PDA

View Full Version : Meet Britain's Worst Mum (if you dare)

Kingetter
18-Aug-06, 13:34
The Age we live in and bring new children into. I think I've run out of appropriate words for this:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5261186.stm

Deplorable seems inadequate.

connieb19
18-Aug-06, 14:08
The Age we live in and bring new children into. I think I've run out of appropriate words for this:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5261186.stm

Deplorable seems inadequate.There are no words to describe that woman. :( it's a disgrace that Social Services were able to do nothing for all that time.

Kingetter
18-Aug-06, 14:10
And that's only a case we're hearing about - could be happening elsewhere too.

cuddlepop
18-Aug-06, 15:02
There are always two sides to every story but the sad fact of this case is that a family member shopped his own daughter ,thats how worried he was and still the boy was not removed. It beggers believe.[evil]

Billy Boy
18-Aug-06, 15:04
i heard this on the radio yesterday, as connie said there are no words to describe someone like that it just totally beggers belief[disgust]

Woolie
18-Aug-06, 21:02
It is a disgrace in this day and age thing like that can go on unnoticed what has it done to that child lord only knows. I hope he can move on from this and lead a normal life .

Kingetter
18-Aug-06, 21:04
That child's health has been at risk - won't his health be affected for life?

pultneytooner
18-Aug-06, 21:07
What a waste of a life.

Ricco
18-Aug-06, 21:16
How, HOW, do human beings descend into such a depraved state of inadequacy? I have been sorely upset at time in my life -even depressed once or twice - but this level is a long way down from where I have been. Very sad. :~(

obiron
18-Aug-06, 21:24
thats an absolute disgrace supplying your own kid. mother should be (cant think of a polite word).

crashbandicoot1979
18-Aug-06, 22:25
The one good piece of news in that article is that the child is "said to be thriving." Let's hope he can put his past behind him and enjoy what is left of his childhood. Stories like that make me ill.

Kingetter
18-Aug-06, 22:28
The one good piece of news in that article is that the child is "said to be thriving." Let's hope he can put his past behind him and enjoy what is left of his childhood. Stories like that make me ill.

"There but for the Grace of God go we"?

percy toboggan
18-Aug-06, 22:51
I think nine years was a reasonable sentence for this woman. I'm just glad the judge was not overly lenient. She is obviously one wholly inadequate, pathetic human being with minimal moral values. A product of a sick society? Perhaps, at its extremes.

I hope the child continues to do well in his new home.