PDA

View Full Version : lack of open petrol stations today

onecalledk
02-Jan-11, 23:04
Went for a wee trip down to Inverness today, realise its the 2nd of January but was totally amazed and a little startled to have to hunt for an open petrol station on the way down!

Stopped first of all in Brora as we were running low (thought we had enough to last to Inverness but it appeared not ), both petrol stations closed. Evelix - closed. Into tain, Gleaner - closed, thank god for the other wee petrol station at the far end (going south) who was open 10am til 3pm today. By the look on the faces of the cars who pulled up as we were leaving they were also breathing sigh of relief....

Perhaps a bit wrong to assume that since shops were open to trade today that fuel could be bought ? As I say we usually have enough in the tank to get to inverness.......

K

sids
02-Jan-11, 23:23
the look on the faces of the cars

Any photos?

Kodiak
02-Jan-11, 23:59
Perhaps you should have filled up at Tesco, Wick before you started? If you had of done it would have save you a lot of anguish, Simples :D

bekisman
03-Jan-11, 00:34
Perhaps you should have filled up at Tesco, Wick before you started? If you had of done it would have save you a lot of anguish, Simples :D

Thank goodness we have a Tesco..;)

onecalledk
03-Jan-11, 01:10
aye... in hindsight , it was of course the look on the DRIVERS faces of the cars ... honest not a drop has passed my lips .....

K

Aaldtimer
03-Jan-11, 03:56
..."If you had of done "...Oh Kodiak...I thought better of you!..............HAVE!!!:confused

Us oldies have standards to maintain!

orkneycadian
03-Jan-11, 11:14
You know where you went wrong. Before you left, you should have posted on here asking what time e petrol stations are open today.... ;)

bekisman
03-Jan-11, 11:22
Thank goodness we have a Tesco..;)

Whoops forgot; Tesco Tain (Shore Road) was open 09.00 - 18.00 (I'm pretty sure their fuel is 24 hours)

northener
03-Jan-11, 12:06
You know where you went wrong. Before you left, you should have posted on here asking what time e petrol stations are open today.... ;)

Or even ask on here if they had enough fuel to complete their journey:Razz