PDA

View Full Version : What Hangover Remedies have you all tried today...?

ciderally
01-Jan-11, 15:43
I am sure there is some good ones you know of?:roll:

Invisible
01-Jan-11, 15:56
Paracetamol

lasher
01-Jan-11, 16:05
More beer!

orkneycadian
01-Jan-11, 16:57
Only having 1 bottle o home brew and a moderate sized dram last night!

The night might be a different story though.... :cool:

billmoseley
01-Jan-11, 16:59
couple of hours exercise in the garden this morning and a nice roast lunch all fixed now bring on tonight lolol

Bazeye
01-Jan-11, 17:15
Stella......

Stingray
01-Jan-11, 17:34
None. Champagne does not give you a hangover ;)

golach
01-Jan-11, 20:43
Moderation, not had a hangover for years now, learnt my lessons a long time ago:lol:

Tugmistress
02-Jan-11, 19:36
Never needed a hangover cure, never had a hangover! even when i got alcohol poisoning eek!

DeHaviLand
02-Jan-11, 20:23
As I have had more hangovers than I care to mention, I feel well qualified to pass on this advice. Fried breakfast, sausages, bacon, black pudd, eggs, mushrooms, toast or fried bread, all washed down with a glass or 2 of fresh orange. kill or cure, usually the latter.

ps champagne does give you a hangover :confused

ShelleyCowie
03-Jan-11, 00:15
Cant remember the last time i had a hangover!! But back in the day, i used to take 2 paracetomol before bed at night, washed down with a pint of cold water. Always helped me! :)

trix
03-Jan-11, 00:27
nope...cana say i iver get hungover - a true professional :cool:

though iv herd that if ye drink plenty o' water before yer beid ye'l be alrite...i take water in ma whiskey so, maybe 'ats 'e solution...ha ha, solution....get'ed? [lol]

mmmh...'e stella goin doon weel enite :cool:

gollach
03-Jan-11, 00:31
Fried breakfast, sausages, bacon, black pudd, eggs, mushrooms, toast or fried bread, all washed down with a glass or 2 of fresh orange. kill or cure, usually the latter.

Another vote for the cholesterol-based hangover cure - works for me!

George Brims
03-Jan-11, 21:59
I found sleeping until 2pm helped a lot.

BTW all those recommending paracetamol - don't! Paracetamol in conjunction with alcohol can cause liver damage. Of course aspirin or its relatives hurt your already overstressed stomach. You just can't win.

spaceddaisy
03-Jan-11, 22:17
Another vote for the cholesterol-based hangover cure - works for me!

Thirded, although I tend to more be a fan of the roll and sausage washed down with full sugar Irn Bru option.

bky
03-Jan-11, 22:30
have to admit to bacon - sausage - egg - mushrooms - square sausage - black pudding - all on a Reids/johnson Roll - sorts me out every time

Oh and a win against WA always helps :-)

billyjoe
04-Jan-11, 15:10
reading the daily mail yesterday the new hangover cure is a good honey on toast, breaks down the toxins and makes you as right as rain ?

ciderally
04-Jan-11, 19:10
well thanks for all that folks.....I have now signed the pledge....gone T total