PDA

View Full Version : Dog Dirt in Halkirk

nodrogish
31-Dec-10, 20:57
Since the snow has melted so has the impression of cleanliness. The footpaths in the village of Halkirk are in a disgusting state due to selfish and inconsiderate dog owners. Why can you not pick it up? Have you no respect for the village you live in.:~(

Scunner
31-Dec-10, 21:49
How much I agree with you, it is really terrible - even had a whopper left on my garden path.

Bazeye
31-Dec-10, 22:11
Lets hope it snows tomorrow then......only joking but havent worked out how to do those little winky fellas.

balto
31-Dec-10, 23:44
noticed the same in springpark area of thurso, disgusting

Tatbabe
01-Jan-11, 13:01
A shame it's like that.

I always have poo bags with me and clean up after my dog.

People should be considerate - I am sure they don't want to have dog poo on their footpaths or step into it when walking their dogs ...?

ywindythesecond
06-Jan-11, 01:05
It is not just Halkirk. We went to Grantown for a few days and the woods there are full of it. So is Dunnet Forest. The snow had melted at our verge while we were away and revealed 11 deposits. This is unusual because there is not normally a problem, so it is a new person and dog or a new person walking a local dog. I have put up a poster saying that when I find out who is responsible for allowing their dog to foul and them not clearing up, I will report it to the dog warden who can impose a £50 fine, and I will ask that she imposes a fine for each deposit, ie £550 so far.

Kevin Milkins
06-Jan-11, 02:00
I am begining to become ashamed of being a dog owner, with the amount of dog mess everywhere I go.

My favourite walk is from Wick golf club, down through the dunes towards Ackergill Tower and then back up the beach, but with the amount of dog mess on the path it’s almost impossible to enjoy that stroll because you dare not take your eyes off where you are walking.

Mrs M prefers the walk up the river and feed the wild birds, but she is despairing about the lack of consideration from irresponsible dog owners that are not prepared to clean up after their pets.

I wish there was an easy answer without having to become confrontational with people, but the inconsiderate few are certainly making life miserable for the majority.

mop top
06-Jan-11, 12:31
Hi All

It is with dismay i have been following this thread, sadly at this time of year dog fouling seems to be at its worst. Short, cold days and not many people around to witness the offenders, it encourages the unscrupulous dog walkers (thankfully they are the minority) to just keep their hands in their pockets and not bother picking up.

As most of you will know there is only one dog warden covering all of Caithness and North Sutherland so it is virtually impossbile for me to be everywhere at once, and i suspect that a lot of the offending goes on outwith my working hours. I wonder if anyone would be interested in helping me in Caithness in setting up a Green Dog Walking Scheme, this has been trialed in other regions and reading about it there seems to have been a good level of success. You will find details of this scheme by just googling Green dog walkers scheme, i would be delighted if we can all get together and work as a community to deal with this problem and would welcome any help any individuals or groups offered so we could tackle this together.

My office contact details are 01955 607735 or 607737 for main tec office as i am out and about most of the time
or email address is Anne.Begg@highland.gov.uk

I would love to hear from anyone who wants to get involved.

Highland Council
Dog Warden

mop top
07-Jan-11, 20:02
Hi

Just bumping this too top again

ywindythesecond
09-Jan-11, 00:29
It is not just Halkirk. We went to Grantown for a few days and the woods there are full of it. So is Dunnet Forest. The snow had melted at our verge while we were away and revealed 11 deposits. This is unusual because there is not normally a problem, so it is a new person and dog or a new person walking a local dog. I have put up a poster saying that when I find out who is responsible for allowing their dog to foul and them not clearing up, I will report it to the dog warden who can impose a £50 fine, and I will ask that she imposes a fine for each deposit, ie £550 so far.

Seems to have worked.

Scarybiscuits03
09-Jan-11, 00:44
Surely it's easier to pick it up from snow or ice that it is to scrape it off the pavement normally!! No excuse for it, if you have a dog then pick it up......I have a dog and I do it even though she gets so excited every walk she has a number of accidents!! If u dont pick it up then u aren't meant to own a dog - simple!

crayola
09-Jan-11, 03:59
Hi All

It is with dismay i have been following this thread, sadly at this time of year dog fouling seems to be at its worst. Short, cold days and not many people around to witness the offenders, it encourages the unscrupulous dog walkers (thankfully they are the minority) to just keep their hands in their pockets and not bother picking up.

As most of you will know there is only one dog warden covering all of Caithness and North Sutherland so it is virtually impossbile for me to be everywhere at once, and i suspect that a lot of the offending goes on outwith my working hours. I wonder if anyone would be interested in helping me in Caithness in setting up a Green Dog Walking Scheme, this has been trialed in other regions and reading about it there seems to have been a good level of success. You will find details of this scheme by just googling Green dog walkers scheme, i would be delighted if we can all get together and work as a community to deal with this problem and would welcome any help any individuals or groups offered so we could tackle this together.

My office contact details are 01955 607735 or 607737 for main tec office as i am out and about most of the time
or email address is Anne.Begg@highland.gov.uk

I would love to hear from anyone who wants to get involved.

Highland Council
Dog WardenI've never seen a green dog in Caithness so I don't think this would help much.

But if you're planning to genetically modify dogs to be green then may I suggest that it might be more effective to instead genetically modify them so that they don't poop out of office hours? Or even better, genetically modify them so they don't poop at all.

sandyr1
09-Jan-11, 04:16
I've never seen a green dog in Caithness so I don't think this would help much.

But if you're planning to genetically modify dogs to be green then may I suggest that it might be more effective to instead genetically modify them so that they don't poop out of office hours? Or even better, genetically modify them so they don't poop at all.

??????????????????

Aaldtimer
09-Jan-11, 04:54
??????????????????

Sandy, sadly it's Crayo thinking she's being witty.:roll:

Tatbabe
12-Jan-11, 15:21
Thanks to the people who reported me to the dog warden because I clean up after my dog and put the poo bag in their litter bin ...

_Ju_
12-Jan-11, 18:32
Crayola, Have you been taking your meds, deary? Or did you eat the orange crayola crayon again? ;) <<<<<<<<this is a winky which means I am joking