PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed!

Dadie
31-Dec-10, 00:06
The wee blurb when you go over the green rep things has changed!
No longer do I have much to be proud of...I now have a brilliant future...
Do they know something I dont?
I resigned from work, to become a fulltime mum as the hours, paypacket and childcare didnt add up!
Still feel a bit wobbly about it all...I know its sensible from a financial point at the moment, but, I have never not worked!

unicorn
31-Dec-10, 01:48
I would call that a brilliant future indeed, the chance to watch your wonderful children grow and learn every day.

Gronnuck
31-Dec-10, 10:13
The wee blurb when you go over the green rep things has changed!
No longer do I have much to be proud of...I now have a brilliant future...
Do they know something I dont?
I resigned from work, to become a fulltime mum as the hours, paypacket and childcare didnt add up!
Still feel a bit wobbly about it all...I know its sensible from a financial point at the moment, but, I have never not worked!

Dadie congratulations on choosing to be a full time Mum! Your work.....most work these days is temporary; whether you measure that time in months or years. However your children are for life; enjoy them, build memories with them and they'll be forever grateful.

_Ju_
31-Dec-10, 11:29
Dadie, you still are working. Just in a different career for a while. You have become a full time manager and dogs body, child psychologist, maintenance engineer and entertainer, for irregular and below minimum wage pay for a while. And it is alot of work (more than you have ever done in your previous job) with little monitary reward, but the side benefits your kids give you will more than make up for the financial loss. :)

Carole
31-Dec-10, 12:09
Being a full-time Mum was the most rewarding, satisfying and enjoyable of my three 'careers'. Wouldn't have missed it for all the tea in China.

Hoida
31-Dec-10, 19:05
Just think on the long term benefit to both your children and yourself. Being a full time mum is so rewarding. I stopped work 25years ago to be afull time and have never regretted it. Good luck Dadie

poppett
31-Dec-10, 19:58
Full time mum is a full time job in itself. You will soon wonder how you ever found time to go to work. Congratulations on your new career for the new year.

Dadie
31-Dec-10, 20:05
I know...I only made it back one day after my maternity leave....
but its the fact I have NO JOB...thats a bit disconcerting.
I know I have loads of work at home with the kids...
I went from having a career, to just a job, to part time(all in the same job) to nothing...since the kids came along.
I hated leaving the girls to go to work, but, actually enjoyed having conversations that didnt revolve around..do you need a pee?..or look at the moo cows!

ShelleyCowie
31-Dec-10, 20:15
I was the same Dadie! After i had Athrun i was certain i was going back to work, when it came around to it i just couldnt do it! I havent worked in over 2 years now apart from working for my mum for a short time last year, but to be honest i wouldnt change it for anything! Iv loved being a stay at home mum! :)

And yes, i miss the conversation too instead of the cooing and talking to athrun about Mr Tumble ALL the time! haha.

Vistravi
31-Dec-10, 20:40
I know...I only made it back one day after my maternity leave....
but its the fact I have NO JOB...thats a bit disconcerting.
I know I have loads of work at home with the kids...
I went from having a career, to just a job, to part time(all in the same job) to nothing...since the kids came along.
I hated leaving the girls to go to work, but, actually enjoyed having conversations that didnt revolve around..do you need a pee?..or look at the moo cows!

I know what you mean. I am no longer working either due to our circumstances.
There are days when i miss working but days when i am glad i don't.
I'm looking at other projects to do and hopefully be working from home in time.