PDA

View Full Version : Jamieson's Pies

jings00
17-Aug-06, 22:11
Find them far nicer than Johnstone's and no heartburn after eatin them either.
A tasty pie to say the least!

connieb19
17-Aug-06, 22:13
Where's Jamiesons?

Naefearjustbeer
17-Aug-06, 22:46
Never heard of them. I used to like the steak and gravy pies that safeways used to sell in packs of 2. I think they were Bells pr something like that they used to be really good with proper chunks of beef in them. Lately I found they to be very fatty and gristley and stopped buying them. However Johnstones pies are as good as ever. You cannot beat the taste of the elephant meat that is in them. (I assume it is elephant meat as it is grey in colour)

connieb19
17-Aug-06, 22:48
Why does no-one do vegetarian pies?

Naefearjustbeer
17-Aug-06, 22:49
Macaroni pies are vegetarian arent they?

connieb19
17-Aug-06, 22:54
Macaroni pies are vegetarian arent they?i was thinking more along the lines of the Linda Macartney mince pies, they are lovely. Why don't the local bakerys try vegetarian pies?

Naefearjustbeer
17-Aug-06, 23:02
I would geuss that not many people are vegetarian, I only know 3 or 4 and 2 of them dont appear to be that strict. Not much market to justify a new line in the bakehouse. Any time I have been into the bakers in the afternoon they dont have much left so they are probally doing just fine on what they make already. Sound business sense to me. However if 50% of the population were vege or vegan then you could see all sorts of Vege stuff getting marketed. You have to remember Linda Macartney food had a nationwide if not global marketplace. Johnstones have a fairly small market place in comparison.

nicnak
17-Aug-06, 23:11
Are they any where near as good as Hollands Pies I havent been able to buy a decent cheese an onion pie since we moved up here over 6 years ago and have only just discovered that Morrisons at Alness do fantastic meat and potato pies. Well worth the trip down!

jings00
18-Aug-06, 14:34
Jamiesons is in the precinct in Thurso, near to Semichem. I think it used to be Budge's bakery, then McConnaghey's?

Naefearjustbeer
19-Aug-06, 00:51
Oh I never even noticed that It wasnt Budges any more, oops!! Budges alway made better cake than Johnstones in my book. But Johnstones wins hands down with pies and softies.

jings00
19-Aug-06, 21:35
and had a steak and ingan pie out of there today, very tasty, meat was plentiful and tender too.