PDA

View Full Version : Branson vs Trump....or a simple comparison.

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 04:58
To whom it may concern.......

Just viewed a Documentary/ Interview with Richard Branson.......He brought numerous Companies over to North America and I know of several he has brought to Canada, namely Virgin Mobile (cell phones), and now he will be introducing an extension of his Virgin America Airline into Canada.
I understand Richard Bransom has bankrupted and otherwise 'floated' just as many Companies as Donald Trump, but we we do not see him as a Pariah or a hated person as some people see Trump.
Just a 'Simple Thought'.

ducati
30-Dec-10, 09:37
Seemples, he has a proper, British, hair do.:roll:

golach
30-Dec-10, 09:50
I think you are sitting in watching too much tv MrR, but I agree with ducati, Richard Branson is British and a much more pleasurable person than your hero D Trump :lol:

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 14:54
Am back in the snowy land. Cccccold but beautiful. And TV is OK this time of year.
Perhaps more charismatic/ same business ideals/ yes Branson has a nicer smile.
Even think they are friends......oh well.....

Kodiak
30-Dec-10, 16:20
Mr Branson is much the better person as he makes a wonderful Pickle to go with my Cheese. [lol][lol][lol]

northener
30-Dec-10, 17:32
Perhaps because Branson hasn't tried to force Scots people off their own land?

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 20:38
Perhaps because Branson hasn't tried to force Scots people off their own land?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....Heard that before/ is it legal? I am not a supporter of Trump/ he is an Ass! But he is successful and he doth bring success to many of his projects.
Branson came here and cut the bottom out of the 'pay as you go' cell business. Companies lost money.....But we don't slag him as he brought competition to a business that was gouging us.
Trump also brings business and competition.....There are laws to protect those vulnerable people. That was the way of the World??

Walter Ego
30-Dec-10, 20:50
Could you explain how these alleged 'laws to protect those vulnerable people' are going to protect those who will be evicted?

Private enterprise over peacable law abiding existance? Doesn't sound like a country I'd want to live in......

northener
30-Dec-10, 20:54
Competition is one thing, chucking people out a la Highland Clearances is another, surely?

Moira
30-Dec-10, 21:27
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....Heard that before/ is it legal? I am not a supporter of Trump/ he is an Ass! But he is successful and he doth bring success to many of his projects.
Branson came here and cut the bottom out of the 'pay as you go' cell business. Companies lost money.....But we don't slag him as he brought competition to a business that was gouging us.
Trump also brings business and competition.....There are laws to protect those vulnerable people. That was the way of the World??
Ok I'm listening. Which card do you have up your sleeve and how do you intend to play it?

Trump is an Ass?

How would you define Branson?

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 21:33
Could you explain how these alleged 'laws to protect those vulnerable people' are going to protect those who will be evicted?

Private enterprise over peacable law abiding existance? Doesn't sound like a country I'd want to live in......

The law is there to protect people as well as prosecute them.
If a person can be 'lawfully' evicted from their property, then the process is legal.
If Trump or anyone else...similar examples over over the years show that people may be evicted for 'road widening' 'new builds' etc etc., can use these laws to their advantage then what does that say of your Laws...The Scottish Law will either allow it or deny it.
You voted the Gov't in and these Laws are on the books. So you live in a Country that allows these things to go on. If these elderly people are evicted then it is on your head, no one elses!
And Mr 'L'....I understand what you are saying//again they are your laws...Scottish Laws that will be the used either to evict or deny eviction.
This will likely go to the Courts and they will make the decision...not the Council or as some say, those who 'getteth some benefit'. I am trying to be nice and skirt around the obvious!

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 21:45
Ok I'm listening. Which card do you have up your sleeve and how do you intend to play it?

Trump is an Ass?

How would you define Branson?

Branson.......A Joker! (smiling).
He is very charismatic...but don't cross him.
'He hewed a Reputation as a popular personality'! I think it is called 'Image Construction'. Looking like a nice guy! And got a 'Sir' for it! I wonder...... did he pay the 1 Million Pounds ?

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 21:59
FYI........

My posting the Threads on The Aberdeen Golf Course and Trump etc., was to entertain some idea of WHY people hate Trump so much? Very simple!
I don't understand it....I have a Caithness Background, like most on here I suppose....and it amazes me....
Business people are business people. Perhaps a charismatic smile helps............but sometimes perhaps that doooooooooooor Scottish background...may be more honest and upfront!

Moira
30-Dec-10, 22:03
Branson.......A Joker! (smiling).
He is very charismatic...but don't cross him.
'He hewed a Reputation as a popular personality'! I think it is called 'Image Construction'. Looking like a nice guy! And got a 'Sir' for it! I wonder...... did he pay the 1 Million Pounds ?

Yes, that's pretty much as I'd anticpated your reply.

Perhaps the next time you post a thread you'll be willing to discuss the issue ?

pat
30-Dec-10, 22:06
Trump -The main reason this has managed to get pushed through - who is the First Minister of Scotland and where is his constituency? Check your answers.
When you are up against such strong political backing (unproved of course) it is extremely difficult and costly to fight your corner against a bully who has lots of money behind him and possibly political leverage too.

Branson - at least he appears to do things in a more open 'English' manner, admits mistakes and appears to have some consideration for people in general.

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 22:10
Yes, that's pretty much as I'd anticpated your reply.

Perhaps the next time you post a thread you'll be willing to discuss the issue ?

What issue?? Gawd.....another one who is 'lost in debate'. I have made my point very clear.
Two businessmen. One Hated the other Revered.
I asked a simple Question....well....maybe not simple enough!

sandyr1
30-Dec-10, 22:18
Trump -The main reason this has managed to get pushed through - who is the First Minister of Scotland and where is his constituency? Check your answers.
When you are up against such strong political backing (unproved of course) it is extremely difficult and costly to fight your corner against a bully who has lots of money behind him and possibly political leverage too.

Branson - at least he appears to do things in a more open 'English' manner, admits mistakes and appears to have some consideration for people in general.

Found it!!!!!
Quote......Why no one hates Richard Branson.....How he feeds his own man made mythology! Unquote.

He has been mired in disputes since the middle 90's and is accused of .....well not very nice things!

Yes Pat....English.

.D.
30-Dec-10, 22:26
Mr. Branson & Mr. Trump are exactly the same people, but as history has proved, English people tend to address issues in a "Gentlemanly" like manner as compared to Americans who appear to address issues in a not so "Gentlemanly" manner.

Business is business I agree, but there is a manner in which to conduct yourself in & Mr. Branson has perfected it down to a tee. Outside of his business/celebrity status, you never hear of him in the news. You never know what's happening in his personal life. Whereas Mr. Trump on the other hand is not so subtle about his private issues. His family are always in the media & he's not camera shy to say the least.

So, the reason the thread was started was to state a comparison regarding Branson & Trump, & the comparison is one knows when to hide when the camera is upon them & the other can't get enough of he camera.

Moira
30-Dec-10, 23:11
What issue?? Gawd.....another one who is 'lost in debate'. I have made my point very clear.
Two businessmen. One Hated the other Revered.

Obviously not. I'm perhaps too simple for you SandyR1.

I apologise.

golach
30-Dec-10, 23:20

Are you inferring we orgers are simple Mr R [disgust]

sandyr1
31-Dec-10, 00:42
Are you inferring we orgers are simple Mr R [disgust]

Mr. G.....My mistook. I am trying to be a 'nice guy'. I meant... I should have included everything in the one thread and then stated a specific question or statement. I just wanted to know whey Trump is so hated.

And Mr/s D. has made a very good comment. Obviously I am outnumbered, and by some people I know and who know me (not you). So there you are.
I suppose I wanted to have a bit of a debate about it, but alas that seems not to be happening.

ducati
31-Dec-10, 20:12
My opinion, of no consequence, no one 'hated' Trump in the UK (or Scotland anyway) until he tried his strong arm tactics, something we don't take kindly to. When we are pushed, we push back, sometimes harder, and in some cases, with sophisticated weapons. :eek:

sandyr1
31-Dec-10, 21:36
My opinion, of no consequence, no one 'hated' Trump in the UK (or Scotland anyway) until he tried his strong arm tactics, something we don't take kindly to. When we are pushed, we push back, sometimes harder, and in some cases, with sophisticated weapons. :eek:

OK....D.... I agree...but is he not using the Council Laws and perhaps the Courts....?
Just a Q....Not advocating that he do so......Happy New Year when it comes...s

gleeber
31-Dec-10, 22:20
Aye your right sandy. He's using the Scottish legal system to procure the land he needs for his project.
Best of luck to him I say.
If he was wanting his project in Caithness I would fly his flag for him.
There's a nice section of land all the way down from Reiss to round about Keiss that would do fine. Failing that there's another good lump at the back of Dounreay. Flatten Reay but leave Sandside House and Donald could fly in there for his well earned periods of R & R. It's hard work generating a weekly wage if your a brickie. Imagine how tiring it must be generating millions.
Good New Year to you too.

sandyr1
31-Dec-10, 22:30
Aye, I know about hard work.....I started work at 16 at the Coop on Francis St.
Traveled a wee bitty and more hard work, but life is good.
It is what we make of it.
It seems there is a wee bit o' sarcasm in your tone but hey.....we are all human......The Best 2 U 2.....sandy

Walter Ego
01-Jan-11, 13:31
Aye your right sandy. He's using the Scottish legal system to procure the land he needs for his project.
Best of luck to him I say.
If he was wanting his project in Caithness I would fly his flag for him.
There's a nice section of land all the way down from Reiss to round about Keiss that would do fine. Failing that there's another good lump at the back of Dounreay. Flatten Reay but leave Sandside House and Donald could fly in there for his well earned periods of R & R. It's hard work generating a weekly wage if your a brickie. Imagine how tiring it must be generating millions.
Good New Year to you too.

[lol]........................

pat
01-Jan-11, 16:52
Hi Sandy R1
Wonder why Trump did not build his golf course and housing in Lewis - the chance was offered to him, with all the help the council here could give on his visit!
Reason is plain and simple - not enough money in it for him and he would have to fight the battle with the locals about opening facilities on a Sunday.
Folk here would be doing all they could to get him to build over here - but he wanted Aberdeenshire and the help of his good friend, Mr Trump knows where the money will be quickly multiplied.

The Drunken Duck
01-Jan-11, 17:06

I see your location is "Caithness", which "we" are you referring to ??, this project is hundreds of miles away from you, doesnt affect you and has got nothing to do with Caithness.

I live in Aberdeenshire and the vast majority here want this project. I know a couple of guys who have had meeting where Trump was present and they say he is far from the tyrant he is portrayed as and he genuinely wants to bring a world class resort here. The vast majority in this area want the project yet we are constantly being told what is good for us by people who turn up and get on their high horse, some have resorted to intimidation and vandalism. All couldnt have shown you the Menie Estate on a map before Trump proposed this development if you held a gun to their head. How many have been there ??, its a flipping dump populated by dullards on the whole.

A lot of people here are quite heartily sick of people who dont live here getting on their high horse and sticking their oar in to issues that only directly affect us, something I am sure that people from Caithness can sympathise with.

ducati
01-Jan-11, 20:10
I see your location is "Caithness", which "we" are you referring to ??, this project is hundreds of miles away from you, doesnt affect you and has got nothing to do with Caithness.

I live in Aberdeenshire and the vast majority here want this project. I know a couple of guys who have had meeting where Trump was present and they say he is far from the tyrant he is portrayed as and he genuinely wants to bring a world class resort here. The vast majority in this area want the project yet we are constantly being told what is good for us by people who turn up and get on their high horse, some have resorted to intimidation and vandalism. All couldnt have shown you the Menie Estate on a map before Trump proposed this development if you held a gun to their head. How many have been there ??, its a flipping dump populated by dullards on the whole.

A lot of people here are quite heartily sick of people who dont live here getting on their high horse and sticking their oar in to issues that only directly affect us, something I am sure that people from Caithness can sympathise with.

Yes yes we have had this conversation before, I was replying to the thread, I haven't indicated whether I am for or against the development. Not that it matters, I don't live anywhere near it as you rightly point out. I'm sure the dullards would appreciate your attitude about their dump. I think that probably sums up Trump's attitude.

I'm just glad it is some other dullards and not my dump! [lol]

sandyr1
01-Jan-11, 20:35
Yes yes we have had this conversation before, I was replying to the thread, I haven't indicated whether I am for or against the development. Not that it matters, I don't live anywhere near it as you rightly point out. I'm sure the dullards would appreciate your attitude about their dump. I think that probably sums up Trump's attitude.

Come on Ducati.....Be reasonable.....I am unable to understand why the 'North' attitude is so bad! Pray give me your thoughts on why you read all the tripe in the Newspapers? The 'DD' has a point. Have you no respect for that??

ducati
01-Jan-11, 20:38
I don't read newspapers and as usual, I've very little clue as to what you are on about :lol:

gleeber
02-Jan-11, 22:39
The 'DD' has a point. Have you no respect for that??
He's got a point right enough. I hav'nt been following the saga too closely but its good to hear that the locals want it. I would be for it if he wanted it in caithness and if I happened to have a house in the way I'm sure I would be amply compinsated for the bother if I had to move.
Its a bummer but the good of all comes before the good of the few.

canadagirl
03-Jan-11, 01:01
This whole thread sounded curiously familiar, sure enough it sounds like James Loch's "An account of the improvements on the estates of the marquess of stafford" 1820. " The adoption of the new system"..."is upon the whole advantageous to the nation at large." It sounds lovely as long as the people affected really want this wonderful new opportunity!

Errogie
03-Jan-11, 11:28
Well said Canada, history shows we've been here before. A philanthropic gesture in memory of his dear departed mother could have been more appropriately delivered by a development in her seriously declining home island of Lewis but then he wouldn't have been able to sell so many houses.

Why on earth are so many observers taken in by the golf course title as to what is going on here, I thought Aberdonians were a little more canny but then perhaps legendary avarice has affected their native judgement.

The Drunken Duck
03-Jan-11, 13:52

So you are "sure" what the occupants of the Estate think .. right ??, be interested how you came to that conclusion. If you knew anything about the area you would know coherent speech is a struggle for most of them. The bottom line is that the only opinion you could possibly garner about Trump's attitude is from the media. Like I said before people here who have been in meetings say he is a lot different to what is portrayed so I think I will take their word for it. I have stood in a Balmedie pub having a drink with a mate and a local was ranting about the building of the course, ten minutes of bile about Trump but his jaw snapped shut when asked WHY he felt that why. Trump was quoted on STV calling the house of one of the occupants on the estate a "dump", if you can find ten people in Balmedie to disagree with that I will be highly surprised. Balmedie is the nearest town to the course and estate in case you were wondering.

Feel anyway you like about it, as you say it matters not a jot.

The Drunken Duck
03-Jan-11, 14:13
Well said Canada, history shows we've been here before. A philanthropic gesture in memory of his dear departed mother could have been more appropriately delivered by a development in her seriously declining home island of Lewis but then he wouldn't have been able to sell so many houses.

Why on earth are so many observers taken in by the golf course title as to what is going on here, I thought Aberdonians were a little more canny but then perhaps legendary avarice has affected their native judgement.

The development is in ABERDEENSHIRE. NOT Aberdeen. If you walk into my local pub here in Ellon and call a local an Aberdonian be prepared for a shock. I am twenty miles outsaide the city, its like calling a Wicker a Teenabowla. And you seem quick to make judgments about people here, you shouldn't. I have lived here five years and love it, never been called an "Incomer", which happened more than once in Wick as I dont speak with a Caithness accent, and the people are far from the image portrayed about them. More than a whiff of sour grapes from your post there to be honest. There are good reasons it is being bult where it is, access to Aberdeen airport for one. Not being harangued for playing Golf on a Sunday could be another ??, I find it confusing though that you are against the development here but all for him making a "philantropic" gesture towards Lewis. That says it isn't him or his money you dislike .. just what he is spending it on and where he is spending it.

Bottom line .. we want it, its happening. Like it or lump it, I doubt you would find one person here who cares a fig what people in Caithness think of the Development. Just as it would be if the positions were reversed. But I bet when it is built and doing well there will be a thread appear on the Org asking why it wasn't done in Caithness.

Walter Ego
03-Jan-11, 15:39
The development is in ABERDEENSHIRE. NOT Aberdeen. If you walk into my local pub here in Ellon and call a local an Aberdonian be prepared for a shock. I am twenty miles outsaide the city, its like calling a Wicker a Teenabowla. And you seem quick to make judgments about people here, you shouldn't. I have lived here five years and love it, never been called an "Incomer", which happened more than once in Wick as I dont speak with a Caithness accent, and the people are far from the image portrayed about them. More than a whiff of sour grapes from your post there to be honest. There are good reasons it is being bult where it is, access to Aberdeen airport for one. Not being harangued for playing Golf on a Sunday could be another ??, I find it confusing though that you are against the development here but all for him making a "philantropic" gesture towards Lewis. That says it isn't him or his money you dislike .. just what he is spending it on and where he is spending it.

Bottom line .. we want it, its happening. Like it or lump it, I doubt you would find one person here who cares a fig what people in Caithness think of the Development. Just as it would be if the positions were reversed. But I bet when it is built and doing well there will be a thread appear on the Org asking why it wasn't done in Caithness.

Now that is rather odd. Because when I've been in Aberdeenshire I've heard a lot of people saying they don't want this project to go ahead. Maybe you're describing a different Aberdeenshire?

sandyr1
03-Jan-11, 22:40

A thought.....what is wrong with selling houses. What would be wrong with getting the economy going?

sandyr1
03-Jan-11, 22:59
Methinks what has gone on is that many people believe the media.
They(particularly Television) have a saying...If it bleeds it leads...in other words Sensationalism sells!
So just a simple example...6 local students decided to do a 'sit in' at a local school/ something to do with dress.....Television got wind of it and made their way to the location/ the reporter waited for recess and then asked all...yes all the kids... to sit out on the road. They did and pics were taken and then the majority of kids went back into school leaving the same 6 sitting outside. Guess what..Huge news story!! Yes, I was there!
So go figure! I have been reading the Aberdeen area papers and seeing a bit of BBC TV., and it seems the same way. A few don't want to move and I can understand that....we all get set in our ways but I am glad that some people actually put 'pen to paper here' and made it somewhat objective.
And Gleeber...I'm proud of your comment.
So now I would like to know what bugs W.E. and his anti........
Trump employs many thousands of people....can't be all bad!