PDA

View Full Version : Banging head against brick wall

joxville
29-Dec-10, 20:28
I connect to the internet wirelessly with my pc, laptop and PS3. My problem is every time the landline phone rings I lose my net connection. The router is Netgear, pc runs XP and laptop Windows 7, all machines work perfect; I've changed the phoneline filter from a D-link to a BT filter, still to no avail. The settings haven't been changed on the router nor my machines, security and firewalls still okay. This problem started just recently but now driving me mad.

Thanks in anticipation

Jox.

P.S.

Send me bandages please. :(

dx100uk
30-Dec-10, 00:13
unplug the phone
then ring your number

still does it then?

could be an REN issue.

just make SURE you hav no other phones or devices [inc skybox or BTvision box ] pluggd in either.

dx

dx

Moonboots
30-Dec-10, 11:32
Also make sure you have a filter on every item using the phoneline. Sky, fax, etc....

torisdale
31-Dec-10, 19:13
Have you got the "small box" on all your phone lines that have a phone connected to them?

Vistravi
31-Dec-10, 20:04
I connect to the internet wirelessly with my pc, laptop and PS3. My problem is every time the landline phone rings I lose my net connection. The router is Netgear, pc runs XP and laptop Windows 7, all machines work perfect; I've changed the phoneline filter from a D-link to a BT filter, still to no avail. The settings haven't been changed on the router nor my machines, security and firewalls still okay. This problem started just recently but now driving me mad.

Thanks in anticipation

Jox.

P.S.

Send me bandages please. :(

My mum had the exact same problem that you have a while ago. They thought it was the link to the exchange but turned out to be faulty router. Her broadband provider just sent her a new one and it seems to be better but she still has issues.

Do you have or know someone who can lend you another router that is in full working order to wheedle out the possiblity it could be a faulty router?

opel
31-Dec-10, 22:47
i had the same problem and it was ma line got it sorted and its fine now