PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone help please

onecalledk
28-Dec-10, 21:24
hi ,

I am not able to upgrade my o2 contract/phone for another 9 months, really beginning to hate the phone I have, a SOny Erricson and am looking for an LG phone or similar.

NOt willing to pay hundreds for phone only but cannot find prices that are reasonable. Does anyone know of any websites where I can buy phone only or paygo on 02 phones at reasonable prices. Did look at Iphones but nearly fainted when I saw the price of them !!

K

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-10, 23:02
I feel your pain K. I got a Sony Erricson upgrade when my last one died on me (RIP) and it was my favourite ever phone, the "upgrade" they gave me was an awful phone!! I am not using hubbys old Nokia 5800 express til my contract is up in April/May time and it cant come soon enough! Cant wait to get an iPhone!!

Take a look at argos or Play.com because they have some sales on just now! Might pick up a phone pretty cheap. Or tesco is another place :)

bella
29-Dec-10, 19:40
Not sure if this helps but you can buy out your contract if its £30 per month then its £270 as you have 9 months left, then start a new contract with the phone you do want, my be cheaper than buying the phone

Kodiak
29-Dec-10, 20:03
You want a PAYG Phone on O2? Then go to the O2 Site :-

http://shop.o2.co.uk/Great_Deals_Pay_And_Go

Or this One :-

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/pay_go.html

onecalledk
29-Dec-10, 20:12
I have a contract O2 phone and just need a new phone, so I am guessing it has to be either a PAYG o2 phone that I buy or a Sim free one (scary prices !!).....

Thought it would be easier than it was, mobiles seem to have morphed into things that resemble phones but work as laptops over the past year!!! The main thing I use my phone for believe it or not is taking photos so a good camera has to come into it. The sony erricson W995 that I have is just rubbish, the little keys are annoying and trying to get photos off the phone onto the pc is a mini nightmare ......

thank you all for your replies, I have now veiwed so many websites I have started dreaming of phones .......

K

EDDIE
30-Dec-10, 09:23
You would be better of waiting 9 months till your contract is up.If you go for a contract phone or buy the phone and go pay as you go or get a sim card only contract i dont think there is much difference in the prices in the long run you would be better of with a contract if you yap a lot.
When you see the new touch screen phone they are prity smart in the layout of the texts and the apps for the likes of facebook and so on and even email it is the way to go.
Rather than splashing out on another phone why dont you keep that money save a little bit more and see your contract out and put the money towards getting the latest uptodate fone on contract thats your best option and if you are going to wait 9 months give your self a treat and get a really nice fone as an incentive?
When i bought my iphone it was about 2 year ago i was just under £500 to buy the phone and that was pay as you go so it probably wasnt much difference in contract and pay as you go if you take in paying for calls and internet.

Ricco
30-Dec-10, 09:35
hi ,

I am not able to upgrade my o2 contract/phone for another 9 months, really beginning to hate the phone I have, a SOny Erricson and am looking for an LG phone or similar.

NOt willing to pay hundreds for phone only but cannot find prices that are reasonable. Does anyone know of any websites where I can buy phone only or paygo on 02 phones at reasonable prices. Did look at Iphones but nearly fainted when I saw the price of them !!

K

I know how you feel - my old Motorola is starting to die on me. I went down to the stores to look at a modern replacement on PAYG - £300!! Forget that - will have to eke out my current phone as long as possible.

Tatbabe
30-Dec-10, 10:42
Depending on how much you want to spend - why not have a look at eBay?