PDA

View Full Version : fireworks

Dadie
28-Dec-10, 18:30
Thinking about buying some fireworks from lidls and having a wee display on new years day.
As soon as it gets dark enough about 5-6pm.
For Euans birthday..
It will be in Watten and shouldnt last long...
I will let the neighbours I see know but wondering what to do about the other pet owners.

Kathy@watten
28-Dec-10, 20:16
Don't do it in the village...not particularly safe as nobody can predict which way the said firework may go, not a good start to a new year burning down a neighbours house! You can use a field if you want, I have a few empty ones and my neddies aren't that bothered by fireworks!

Dadie
28-Dec-10, 20:24
The people at the back did theirs at halloween.
And dont really want to drag the kids out for a 5min display!

Mystical Potato Head
28-Dec-10, 20:29
The people at the back did theirs at halloween.
And dont really want to drag the kids out for a 5min display!

Dont think theres a law to stop you having it in your garden so you go ahead and have it there.Plenty of people all over Thurso had diplays in their gardens
and i would say your being very considerate telling your neighbours.Cant really do any more than that.Hope its dry for you.

Dadie
28-Dec-10, 20:32
Im hopefully going to make it a yearly thing...as no one will want to celebrate Euans birthday (until he gets to going out age) as something special to do for him.

Scarybiscuits03
28-Dec-10, 21:10
You can let fireworks off on your own property at any time of year as long as it's not after 11pm (with certain exceptions) and before 7am. Im planning on getting some myself so I can send the OH out at midnight!.....I'll watch from indoors!!
Hope ur little boy loves them and has an ace day!

dragonfly
28-Dec-10, 21:11
crack on with it, its 5 mins and if you go for the garden fountain type they won't be as disturbing for pets as rockets are.

My mum was a new years day baby, she used to start celebrating at the bells on hogmany and still be going strong as the clock turned on the 2nd! no wonder she went to an early grave but she enjoyed it! Hope Euan enjoys the fireworks

Liz
28-Dec-10, 23:30
Really good of you to consider your neighbours Dadie and don't think anyone would begrudge you marking Euan's birthday this way.:D

orkneycadian
28-Dec-10, 23:55
I have a field of greylag geese you can set them off in, if thats any help? ;)