PDA

View Full Version : facebook

quiteone
27-Dec-10, 20:17
hi i was wondering if anyone could help. the only site i can not access on my laptop is face book i have no problems loading anything else and it used to work but not not anymore. having withdrawl symtons lol. i can get it on my fone but jus not the laptop it just says internet explorer cannot display the web page......any ideas anyone????

Ricco
27-Dec-10, 22:00
Have you inadvertently put it in your blocked list?

quiteone
27-Dec-10, 22:18
Mmmm.....not sure how would i know?? bit dumb when it comes to computers lol

Beat Bug
27-Dec-10, 23:24
I had the same with my laptop. Try upgrading your browser: Internet explorer, Google, Firefox or what ever one you use. Or try searching for fb, and going in that way.

orkneycadian
28-Dec-10, 11:30
the only site i can not access on my laptop is face book i have no problems loading anything else and it used to work but not not anymore.

I think its to do with the Government shutting down all websites that are rubbish and wasting too much of the populations time! I think its their preference that we spent the time on archery practice instead! ;)

Now, wheres me bow and arrows......

torisdale
28-Dec-10, 12:22
1) Open internet explorer and go to "tools" then "internet options" and check restricted sites.
2) Go to your routers webpage (192.168.x.x) and check that it's not blocked.
3) check your hosts file (instructions below).

Try going to computer > Hard disk > Windows > system 32 > drivers > etc > Hosts file
Right click on the hosts file and open it in notepad and see if facebook is listed.

Let me know your results.

dx100uk
28-Dec-10, 14:55
prob a trojan infection or a bad cookie
that one of the signs

run windows live on-line virus scanner

then download and run glary utils

might be an idea to tick the 'empty internet/browsing history' tickbox too
tools/intenet options/advanced

dx