PDA

View Full Version : Should i complain?

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-10, 23:09
Now im not one for complaining (you are probably all thinking "yea right") lol. But i mean about products and stuff.

But....yesterday after our christmas dinner we went to have our cheesecake. I decided to have a bit of "rocky road cheesecake"

To my horror when i took a bite there was a really hard bit in it so i thought it was still frozen but this was really hard. Spat it back out (yuck i know but glad i did) and there was a bit of what i think is ceramic :confused Its like its from a plate or a cup...not sure really! It doesnt match anything i have in my house and it was actually inside my cheesecake! :eek: Nearly took a tooth from me!

Should i report it? I still have the bit of whatever it is. :confused Not sure really...

Any advice?

David Banks
26-Dec-10, 23:13
I would tell the owner of the store where it was purchased.

Kodiak
26-Dec-10, 23:14
Simply put I would say yes. I would suggest that you also take Photo's of the offending object as well as what is left of the Cheesecake.

Send all the evidence back to whoever made the cheesecake by recorded delivery with a covering letter stating how disappointed you are with their product.

cherokee
26-Dec-10, 23:49
Gosh Shelley!
Yes, as others have said, I'd definetely complain too........just imagine if Anthrun had swallowed that; disna bear thinking about !

Dadie
26-Dec-10, 23:50
I wouldnt send the actual evidence ..take photos and send that.
State that environmental health will get the actual evidence!

Vistravi
26-Dec-10, 23:53
Gosh Shelley!
Yes, as others have said, I'd definetely complain too........just imagine if Anthrun had swallowed that; disna bear thinking about !

Exactly what I was thinking. Athrun would have known no different. Take photos and complian.

Dadie
26-Dec-10, 23:55
Its amazing how much evidence that goes missing.....intentionally or otherwise when it actually hits the right buttons!

ShelleyCowie
27-Dec-10, 00:03
Cool! Will get on to it! Just wonder if there were any more like that...people could easily choke! Its lucky i actually bit into it because usually i just hoover my puddings haha!

If i had broken a tooth tho i wud be going mental! Luckily just got a bit of toothache.

And yeah im glad Athrun never had it, he had toffee cheesecake instead! :)

Amazing what can be found in our food tho eh!

_Ju_
27-Dec-10, 10:54
Definately complain. The company producing this product needs to know that their systems failed to detect a problem so that they can prevent it from happening again. There is no way to reduce a risk to zero, but all food businesses invest alot of money into preventing as much as they can and detection systems for when things go wrong. Feedback from consumers will help identify the problem.

Hoida
27-Dec-10, 11:28
Definitely complain, any child could have got that.I would complain to shop where it was bought and also write to whoever made it but don't send the bit of ceramic keep that for environmental health. Hope it hasnae put you off cheesecake for life!:lol:

Scunner
27-Dec-10, 11:56
complain about it - I wonder did you purchase it from the same store that I purchased mini black forest things, that turned out to be cheesecakes.

orkneycadian
27-Dec-10, 13:40
....I decided to have a bit of "rocky road cheesecake".....

....and there was a bit of what i think is ceramic :confused Its like its from a plate or a cup...not sure really!.....

.....I still have the bit of whatever it is. :confused Not sure really...

Any advice?

Maybe its a bit of Rocky Road?

poppett
27-Dec-10, 15:02
Definately complain to manufacturer directly as the store you would have bought it in has no control over the condition of the product. Also mention that although your tooth does not appear to be damaged it has been painful and will need to be checked out, and if treatment is required you would be expecting the manufacturer to pay the bill.

This happened to me some years ago with bone in a sausage which split my gum, requiring treatment. It was a Safeway own product and they agreed to pay for the dental treatment. As I was attending an NHS dentist at the time he sent them a letter stating what the treatment would have cost if I had been a private patient and they settled for half the value of the bill in shopping vouchers for me.

I would always complain about any food product which has been contaminated, not just for the vouchers, but with regards to the same thing happening to someone else.

scorrie
27-Dec-10, 18:44
there was a bit of what i think is ceramic

I wouldn't bother complaining. Legally, you haven't got a leg to stand on. As soon as you point out that you found ceramic in the cheesecake, the company will simply say:-

"This cheesecake was clearly marked MADE IN CHINA" ;)

teddybear1873
27-Dec-10, 19:04
Complain....If some other person has complained about the same product with the same problem, then you have a good case to go for. If your the only person, then it will be tougher.