PDA

View Full Version : dounrey club disco with 3 bands

rangers1873
17-Aug-06, 12:17
friday 18th august 16year and above, three local bands playing at it as well as the disco,they are high voltage ,white noise and beaver cleavage .entry is £3.00 good night to be had by all.see advert in groat tomorrow with start times.bar open untill 1am.please come along and support these local bands

DrSzin
17-Aug-06, 15:39
friday 18th august 16year and above, three local bands playing at it as well as the disco,they are high voltage ,white noise and beaver cleavage .entry is £3.00 good night to be had by all.see advert in groat tomorrow with start times.bar open untill 1am.please come along and support these local bandsDid you mean to say "18 and above"? I wouldn't have thought you were allowed to sell alcohol at an event for 16-year-olds, never mind have a late bar.

DrSzin
18-Aug-06, 14:50
Since this event is also advertised as being for over-16s on another thread (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13152) I can only assume that this wasn't a typo.

Is under-age drinking now so endemic in Caithness that Wick Dounreay Club can openly host an event with a late bar for 16-year-olds? I don't know about anyone else, but I find this astonishing. I would have guessed that it's illegal but I'm no expert on such things...

I have also been told that the members of at least two of the bands are between 13 and 15 years old. I'm surprised that they've been booked to play in an event for kids at which alcohol is served until 1am.

No wonder so many Caithness youngsters have drink problems...

connieb19
18-Aug-06, 15:14
it's great that the kids have something to go to for a change but I would love to know how they are going to prevent underage drinking at this. Also, if it's for 16 year olds and over there's bound to be 13 and 14 year olds trying to get in too. I can't decide whether the person organising this is very brave and trusting , or just plain daft. I don't really like to think on the negative side, so I hope all goes well. :confused

DrSzin
18-Aug-06, 15:29
it's great that the kids have something to go to for a change but I would love to know how they are going to prevent underage drinking at this.Agreed 100%.

Also, if it's for 16 year olds and over there's bound to be 13 and 14 year olds trying to get in too. I can't decide whether the person organising this is very brave and trusting , or just plain daft.Or desperate for the money!

I don't really like to think on the negative side, so I hope all goes well. :confusedMe too. But I'm still suprised that they can get away with it advertising it openly. Maybe I'm just too naive.

I used to drink myself stupid at dances and Dounreay Folk Club nights at Viewfirth when I was 16, but I lied through my teeth when asked my age. Hmm, is that better or worse? I'm not sure...