Here’s to next year, hope it’s better
Than departing frozen one

changilass
26-Dec-10, 19:55
Me no like it, tis wierd

No doubt will get used to it.

Kodiak
26-Dec-10, 19:57
WOW is all I can say. I am sure we will get used to it before long, at least I hope so. :D

Tatbabe
26-Dec-10, 20:00
Kind of ok but category headings and threads under each category need more space due to the size of the logos next to them ...

Scroll down boxes when replying to a thread for "subscription" and "rate thread" could be next to those options, instead of underneath - saves space when scrolling down the page.

Bazeye
26-Dec-10, 20:06
Me no like it, tis wierd

I didnt like pickled onions as a child but i got used to them eventually. And may I also add that pear cider with red wine chasers is a delightful combinaton.

Chrisf1961
26-Dec-10, 20:08
Why change it? i dont do change easily ........

Commore
26-Dec-10, 20:09
Me no like it, tis wierd

Me no like it either :(

Chrisf1961
26-Dec-10, 20:10
Its like everything in life we cant leave bloody things alone!

Ricanna
26-Dec-10, 20:11
Many forums have changed to this format and they are never the same IMO--ba humbug of course and I will try and get used to it!

Ricanna
26-Dec-10, 20:17
Having said that --it is very speedy!

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-10, 21:02
I got one heck of a fright! Thought i logged on to the wrong forum or had broken mines!

Definetely going to take some used too thats for sure....i dont like change tho!!

Bill Fernie
26-Dec-10, 21:11
Hold on folks before we get too many comments on like or not like. This change has some way to go yet............

changilass
26-Dec-10, 21:19
To be fair Bill, I think most, like me, have said that we will eventually get used to it.

bekisman
26-Dec-10, 21:28
To be fair Bill, I think most, like me, have said that we will eventually get used to it.
Yes I think you are correct

elaine834
26-Dec-10, 21:33
i thought my computer was playing up for a minute, everything changes, nothing stays the same

torisdale
26-Dec-10, 21:36
It's the default vBullentin v4 skin...
surely you could do some edits to it i.e make it more personalized for the site? :)

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-10, 21:36
Hold on folks before we get too many comments on like or not like. This change has some way to go yet............

Never said i didna like it! Said i dont like change! But im a woman....we dont like anything! :) lol

shazzap
26-Dec-10, 22:22
I thought the www had redirected me to some other site at first.:eek:
Will save my opinion until all the work and changes have been done.:)

cuddlepop
26-Dec-10, 22:45
Its too much change....

Kenn
26-Dec-10, 22:52
Can we have a set of navigation charts please?

trix
26-Dec-10, 22:56
is there a cp button, ken 'e aine that takes ye til yer subscribed threids an yer latest rep...an also, far aboots are 'e smilies??

cherokee
26-Dec-10, 23:00
is there a cp button, ken 'e aine that takes ye til yer subscribed threids an yer latest rep...an also, far aboots are 'e smilies??

I was wondering that too Trix !!

Feels like we've all moved house and just getting used to where the furniture is now, eh ? LOL !!!

changilass
26-Dec-10, 23:04
Go to settings up at the top right, its all there.

Moira
26-Dec-10, 23:04

CP is under "Settings" next to "My Profile" at the top right of the page. This will maybe change as more stuff is added. As for the smilies I have no idea. :)

trix
26-Dec-10, 23:09
I was wondering that too Trix !!

Feels like we've all moved house and just getting used to where the furniture is now, eh ? LOL !!!

it dis cherokee, luckily, am kwite guid at adaptin til chienge....its 'e gemini in me :)

a few days an' il hev forgotten aboot 'e former lay oot....

trix
26-Dec-10, 23:12
CP is under "Settings" next to "My Profile" at the top right of the page. This will maybe change as more stuff is added. As for the smilies I have no idea. :)

thanks moira...how do i gie oot 'e guid rep??

an thanks changi...

changilass
26-Dec-10, 23:14
At the bottom of every post on the left is a star, its the one you want

torisdale
26-Dec-10, 23:15
Just click "settings" on top right to get to usercp.
Edit: late reply sorry.

Gronnuck
26-Dec-10, 23:35
Ooooo.....err looks like 'e Org has had a wash and brush up. Very swish.

d.polson
26-Dec-10, 23:36
Hi all, first of all a belated merry christmas to one and all who use these pages . Like many others I got quite a surprise when I signed in ,I thought my unit had developed some new fault but like all other things we will adjust and enjoy the new as much as the old so many thanks to those involved in the change over. For myself Iwould be lost without the contact with my adopted home as I only found out this year I had family in the Lybster area namely John Polson and his family (cousins) and my late G.Father & 2G.Father came from Badereskie .
So once again best wishes to all.. Don Polson,,

dx100uk
26-Dec-10, 23:55
bill if you need help just pm me
we did CAG a few months back

dx

chaz
27-Dec-10, 00:16
just looks like nearly every other forum now

trix
27-Dec-10, 00:23
well, i think its great, except that i cana find 'e smilies properly.

i hevna posted in a whilie really...i think am choost pleased til be back....i missed ye's :)

Torvaig
27-Dec-10, 00:24
I like it; much easier on the eyes especially with all the signatures, avatars etc., switched off. Used to find them very confusing...

torisdale
27-Dec-10, 00:38
just looks like nearly every other forum now

Hopefully it will be more personalized soon, Have to give them a chance. :)
and the previous skin was also like the basic vBulletin template but with the header changed.

Hopefully this time they will change things like category headers.

Stack Rock
27-Dec-10, 10:29
Sorry - I like the old system. Maybe I'll get the hang of this and change my opinionl later.

Stingray
27-Dec-10, 10:38
I find it quite pleasing to the eye, well done... Change is good!

Venture
27-Dec-10, 12:04
So do we no longer have a front page with photos etc.? I'd like the back to top of the page thingy not to be just down at the bottom of the thread.

joxville
27-Dec-10, 12:06
It's like an old friend that you haven't seen for a while who's had a makeover, and you're too polite to tell them it hasn't worked; I suppose I'll get used to it.

annemarie482
27-Dec-10, 12:44
not taking to it at all.
in fact, i've been on here a lot less since the change.
only pop in to see if it's changed back :(

ducati
27-Dec-10, 12:49
Damn! Thought all my infractions might have gone.:lol:

Gizmo
27-Dec-10, 12:54
I don't like it either, it's dull and confusing.

Mystical Potato Head
27-Dec-10, 13:06
Admin did say its just the start of the changes and as someone else has stated,its just the default skin so hopefully it will change.

octane
27-Dec-10, 13:12
Im on that many forums Im used to this layout, as for members disliking it I hope you can get used to it. This new update is keeping up to date with the Community Software that vBulletin offers and will hopefully have better support and more stability than the last version

It does come with some more features and will be getting rolled out in time. You wouldnt believe the background work that goes into running a server/forum so please dont be to harsh and be grateful you have a community here in the first place.

Moonboots
27-Dec-10, 13:18
Its true there is alot of background work in running a forum.
My first thought is.... i dont like it however you will see alot of changes over the next few days when the guys get it personalised...

It will soon be nearly back to its original outlay with extras.

Good work guys..

trix
27-Dec-10, 14:52
I'd like the back to top of the page thingy not to be just down at the bottom of the thread.

yeah, 'ats ma only bother venture....i loved how whereiver ye wis on 'e page, ye could scoot on up til 'e top in a split second instead o' fiddlin wi' 'e up an doon arrows...

ducati - i also lekt that on 'e previous layoot ye could press an little button an all yer infactions wid disappear so ye didna hev til be reminded o' them :)

poppett
27-Dec-10, 15:14
It seems easier on the eye than the old forum.

Still have a lot to find out, but that will be my learning curve into the New Year.

At least it let me in.................Another forum I have used for years had a make-over and I have given up trying to get on it now as it won`t remember log in details, and every time I want on I have to re-register and wait 24 hours for confirmation to post a reply................in the end I kept forgetting what I wanted to say, and now just keep in touch with one or two virtual friends via general email.

trix
27-Dec-10, 15:32
aw...thanks til 'e guys...i choost found 'e 'back til top' thingy :cool:

now i feel rite at home...still need til get rid o' yon infractions tho, no1 leks til be reminded o' their past misendeavers (if 'ats 'e proper word)

Ricco
27-Dec-10, 21:49
I got one heck of a fright! Thought i logged on to the wrong forum or had broken mines!

Definetely going to take some used too thats for sure....i dont like change tho!!

Me too! But I do like it - will just take a bit of getting used to. Love Tubs' poem - keep 'em rolling!

My drink of the moment?? Black Russian - on my third tonight! They are like a glass full of nectar that sneaks up and caresses you with a brick later on.

Bazeye
27-Dec-10, 22:57
Me too! But I do like it - will just take a bit of getting used to. Love Tubs' poem - keep 'em rolling!

My drink of the moment?? Black Russian - on my third tonight! They are like a glass full of nectar that sneaks up and caresses you with a brick later on.

Morgans spiced with coke and stella for me now....... .and parsley....

canuck
27-Dec-10, 23:04
It's back, it's back - the e-mail notification of PMs is back. Yeah!!!!

mushroom
28-Dec-10, 00:38
Sorry to moan but on first impressions I think the topic headings are too small and do not stand out enough, making it difficult to read

Bazeye
28-Dec-10, 13:58
Sorry to moan but on first impressions I think the topic headings are too small and do not stand out enough, making it difficult to read

Should have gone to Specsavers.

torisdale
28-Dec-10, 14:15
It's back, it's back - the e-mail notification of PMs is back. Yeah!!!!

You could always turn this feature off or on on the previous vBulletin?

oldmarine
28-Dec-10, 21:44
Bill, I will try to be nice and reply that it looks okay to me.

stumpy
29-Dec-10, 13:19
Early days yet,and we'll no doubt get used to it.I did notice that I had to re-register to reply,but I'm such a computer-illiterate that this could be entirely unrelated.