26-Dec-10, 15:37
hey can anyone tell me if the recycling centre is open 2moro???x

Tugmistress
26-Dec-10, 15:54
Don't know, but i'd like to know too, we got quite a few bits to take to it

lindsaymcc
26-Dec-10, 16:48
I was coming on here to ask too!

Will take a drive up at 11am tomorrow and report back if I dont hear anything on here first!

Bazeye
26-Dec-10, 17:00
Don't know, but i'd like to know too, we got quite a few bits to take to it

Empties per chance? :lol:

Tugmistress
26-Dec-10, 18:22
Empties per chance? :lol:

lol among other stuff yes :lol:

stekar
26-Dec-10, 23:06
Found on Council Website

Service arrangements for Christmas and New Year
The Council offers the season's greetings to visitors to our web site. While our network of Service Points and administrative offices will be closed between 4 pm on Thursday 23 December and 9 am Tuesday 4 January, our Service Centre, which handles telephone enquiries, will be operational over the festive period. Service arrangements over this period, including refuse collection arrangements, are:

SERVICE CENTRE TEL: 01349 886606: closed 25, 26 December and 1, 2 January.

DOMESTIC REFUSE/KERBSIDE COLLECTIONS: No change to scheduled collections for green household bins, blue boxes or blue recycling bins.

RECYCLING CENTRES: Closed 25 December, and 1 and 2 January, otherwise normal opening times apply

stekar
26-Dec-10, 23:08
Times would help eh? lol This is Janetstown's details

Winter
1st November - 31st March
7 days a week 11.00am - 4.00pm

Please note that the site will be closed for lunch each from 2.00pm - 2.30pm daily

Dadie
26-Dec-10, 23:52
thanks...we have loads of cardboard!

brandy
27-Dec-10, 01:11
i went up today and dumped all the rubbish! didnt see anyone but the gates were open! im guessing they were in the office bit!

johnlc
27-Dec-10, 09:13
great thanxs for the times,have loads of stuff to take up today,oh i wish i had a van as would do it in one trip,the amount of stuff i have would take atleast 4/5 car trips hahaha

stekar
27-Dec-10, 18:34
Went up there today at about 11.30am with loads of cardboard and two bin liners of rubbish. Expected to see a lot more folk there, only one other car there at the time.

lindsaymcc
27-Dec-10, 19:26
Went up there today at about 11.30am with loads of cardboard and two bin liners of rubbish. Expected to see a lot more folk there, only one other car there at the time.

Hubby went for opening at 11am and said it was heaving! Maybe you missed the rush!

stekar
27-Dec-10, 19:32
Hubby went for opening at 11am and said it was heaving! Maybe you missed the rush!

Lol, I'm not usually that lucky!

bekisman
27-Dec-10, 19:39
Mrs Beks and I were there at 11.50 (just missed you), but not impressed with the amount of snow still lying there - bloke in front of us had bad wheel-spin - thought, being the Council, could have had the plough do a quick circuit..:~(

brandy
27-Dec-10, 19:49
can they put a plow thru there with all the speed bumps?

bekisman
27-Dec-10, 21:14
can they put a plow thru there with all the speed bumps?

There's only a couple. Hydraulics' lift the plough, like when they do Riverside and Swanson street, with their bumps..
(All blades have high density rubber edge to prevent damage to road surface, speed humps or cat's eyes etc)

Bazeye
27-Dec-10, 23:00
lol among other stuff yes :lol:

Same as me minus the other stuff then.