PDA

View Full Version : On Call Plumbers

Ricanna
26-Dec-10, 11:12
Does anyone know whether there are plumbers on call over the holiday. My water has just unfrozen for the first time since Wednesday and I have a fairly major leak. It is in the steading but in the supply to the house part. Perhaps a vain hope but hought it worth asking. Location --just outside Thurso on the Weydale side. Thanks

Tugmistress
26-Dec-10, 11:26
not sure about any on call plumbers but a quick temporary fix is cut out the burst bit of pipe and fasten a length of garden hose over it with some jubilee clips (if it's a close enough size) so you can at least get water in to the house or if you have any some denso tape may help a bit.

hope you get it sorted, we've been very lucky so far and never had frozen pipes at home even when the pipe was bare and above ground until earlier this summer!

billmoseley
26-Dec-10, 11:36
not sure about any on call plumbers but a quick temporary fix is cut out the burst bit of pipe and fasten a length of garden hose over it with some jubilee clips (if it's a close enough size) so you can at least get water in to the house or if you have any some denso tape may help a bit.

hope you get it sorted, we've been very lucky so far and never had frozen pipes at home even when the pipe was bare and above ground until earlier this summer!

nice advice tugs weather girl, plumber is there no end to your talents [lol]

golach
26-Dec-10, 11:55
nice advice tugs weather girl, plumber is there no end to your talents [lol]
She is also the best tirer upperer of the Hamnavoe, and I got that from the highest authority [lol]

Tugmistress
26-Dec-10, 11:58
lol i can surprise a lot of people ;)

gollach
26-Dec-10, 12:10
Does anyone know whether there are plumbers on call over the holiday. My water has just unfrozen for the first time since Wednesday and I have a fairly major leak. It is in the steading but in the supply to the house part. Perhaps a vain hope but hought it worth asking. Location --just outside Thurso on the Weydale side. Thanks

We had 2 bursts on Christmas Eve morning. Forss Engineering came and fixed it for us by lunchtime.

Ricanna
26-Dec-10, 12:29

Tremendous--I will try and find a suitable saw for the pipe that has a blade and try that-- Cheers, most grateful!