PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions

Dr Evil
17-Aug-06, 11:19
Looking for a good dvd to watch this weekend any suggestions on one to watch???? not bothered about genre just as long as its good!!!
TA

Whitewater
17-Aug-06, 11:45
"Ladder 49" is very good

Lolabelle
17-Aug-06, 12:23
I can tell you one not to watch, "Million Dollar Baby". We watched it and ended up feeling really flat and deflated. I found it quite disturbing and sad.:eek:

peedie
17-Aug-06, 12:39
man on fire, its really good :D or seabiscuit.. bit of a horsey person film tho
i went to see cars at the cinema i konw its s'posed to be for kiddies but i loved it ! that probably says a lot about me! [lol]

Lolabelle
17-Aug-06, 12:49
i went to see cars at the cinema i konw its s'posed to be for kiddies but i loved it ! that probably says a lot about me! [lol][/quote]
Itook my niece & nephews so that I could go, I have to borrow kids so I can go and see kids movies. It was fantastic, but it would be good on video or DVD as you would not have the distraction of kids wandering about uncontrolled that we did. Good movie though.:Razz

Jeid
17-Aug-06, 13:40
I dunno if the Hostel is on DVD yet... but I loved that movie.

pultneytooner
17-Aug-06, 13:42
I can tell you one not to watch, "Million Dollar Baby". We watched it and ended up feeling really flat and deflated. I found it quite disturbing and sad.:eek:
Fantastic movie.

canuck
17-Aug-06, 14:23
It's a little older, but "Secondhand Lions" is great.

elaine
17-Aug-06, 16:27
Get "Memento" out - very cool and unusual film!! And I don't care what anyone says but I loved the Italian Job re-make!

Do not under any circumstances get out "The Pink Panther" with Steve Martin (went to see it on a school trip so could not escape). It was the worst, most cringe-worthy, piece of garbage I've ever seen......in my life!!!
It is the first film I think where I actually lost the will to live within the first 20 mins!

At least you know that whatever film you pick will not be as terrible as that!!

pops
17-Aug-06, 16:32
ladder 49 is definately worth a watch!

Ricco
17-Aug-06, 17:05
Looking for a good dvd to watch this weekend any suggestions on one to watch???? not bothered about genre just as long as its good!!!
TA

There was one called Black or Dark something with Vin Diesel - brilliant! Keeps you on edge right the way through.

connieb19
17-Aug-06, 22:45
I dunno if the Hostel is on DVD yet... but I loved that movie.Hostel is out on Dvd, it's just ok. Madhouse is a really good film or The Machinist, miles better than Hostel.

nicnak
17-Aug-06, 23:00
Really good films are Hidalgo, Seabiscuit or a newer one Memoirs of a Geisha
this can be a bit slow but its a really good film. Raising Helen is a really good film too but a bit weepy!
Have a good night whatever you pick.

connieb19
17-Aug-06, 23:03
Dont watch Big Mommas House 2!! I hired it last weekend and what a load of rubbish, not funny at all.

Ricco
18-Aug-06, 09:07
There was one called Black or Dark something with Vin Diesel - brilliant! Keeps you on edge right the way through.

Remembered now - Pitch Black.

candyfloss
18-Aug-06, 10:04
"Inside i'm dancing" is a really good film its been out on DVD a wee while now.I thought it was brilliant

Jeid
18-Aug-06, 10:49
Hostel is out on Dvd, it's just ok. Madhouse is a really good film or The Machinist, miles better than Hostel.

I wasn't a fan of The Machinist, I found it rather boring myself.

I watched the Pianist the other day, great movie.

Also, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless mind... that movie is quite possible one of the finest things to have ever come out of hollywood ever.

Dr Evil
18-Aug-06, 14:42
anyone seen flight plan

connieb19
18-Aug-06, 14:43
I enjoyed Greenstreet.

jings00
18-Aug-06, 14:49
Shrek!! one or two, or both!!
The Big Lebowsky, directed by the Cohen brothers, I find most of their films pretty good.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, love that film.
From Hell, with Johnny Depp in it. mmm. (some bloody bits in it)
American Psycho is pretty good too, if you don't mind a wee bit o gore.

obiron
18-Aug-06, 14:49
the last one i watched was wedding crashers. keep buying cheap dvds but never get round to watching them.

Kolskegg
18-Aug-06, 20:09
Crash, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Jarhead, Dirty....